Fairy Tail Farms English Orpingtons

Pics
Picked up some two more breeders. And shifted some birds yesterday.

This handsome fellow and the two pullets in with him are siblings. They are supposed to be split Mottled and Split Lavender. One pullet shows some Mottling. If I don’t get better Mottling, or Lavender birds, I’ll move the Mottled pullet to the Mottled pen and return the others back to the BBS pen.
View attachment 2876806
Then this little handsome guy is the new Brown-red male on the Lemon Blue pen. He’s replacing the male that hasn’t produced a fertile egg in a year. He’s only four months according to the breeder but he was breeding all the girls and flirting with the Orpington pullets on the roost next door. Guess he likes them thicc.
View attachment 2876808
And finally an Isabel Cuckoo Orpington that did not want to live with the bachelors and got moved to the kitchen flock pending some girlfriends for him.
View attachment 2876809View attachment 2876810View attachment 2876811
Love the Isabel cuckoo!

Picked up some two more breeders. And shifted some birds yesterday.

This handsome fellow and the two pullets in with him are siblings. They are supposed to be split Mottled and Split Lavender. One pullet shows some Mottling. If I don’t get better Mottling, or Lavender birds, I’ll move the Mottled pullet to the Mottled pen and return the others back to the BBS pen.
View attachment 2876806
Then this little handsome guy is the new Brown-red male on the Lemon Blue pen. He’s replacing the male that hasn’t produced a fertile egg in a year. He’s only four months according to the breeder but he was breeding all the girls and flirting with the Orpington pullets on the roost next door. Guess he likes them thicc.
View attachment 2876808
And finally an Isabel Cuckoo Orpington that did not want to live with the bachelors and got moved to the kitchen flock pending some girlfriends for him.
View attachment 2876809View attachment 2876810View attachment 2876811
So fat! Beautiful birds!

Is the gold cuckoo too or just the lavender? I can't tell. It's on a wishlist now though, so let us know if he moves in with you
He moved in. Their color is very weird. Which is the problem when lots of people work with non-standard colors. “Project Wheaten” anyone? Because you can achieve color look alikes, people have crossed Isabel onto Crele, Cuckoo, Wheaten, etc. the pattern is all over the place.

If you’re asking about the Buff, he’s just Buff.

I've had enough excitement for the rest of the week. I was getting in the shower and heard birds sounding off and alarm calling.
Confused Dog GIF

I craned my neck in the window in the bathroom to look in the direction of the birds and see three huge dogs 100% tormenting birds and chasing what looks to be a bird out.
1506968596_Scary_Erza.gif
zxJ_7y.gif

I went through the house like a hurricane, robe flying behind me, mud boots clomping...
fairy tail transform GIF by Funimation

tumblr_p6p0b3IKfO1wouno4o1_540.gif

...prepared for battle. I came around the corner screaming like a crazy person hoping that like most strays they'd take one look at me, tuck tail, and run.
tumblr_inline_ojw6kvVk8i1uxpm2z_500.gif

Alas, it was not to be. I started screeching and they all turned their heads and started running. At me. I was completely tackled by two 10-ish-month-old Great Pyrenese puppies. Followed by the Anatolian Shepard who was the designated babysitter and got them off of me. After I got them off with help from the older dog and assured them I wasn't broken they proceeded to go catch the loose pullet and "lovingly" stood on her until I could get her. Tossed her back in her pen and then politely asked them to go home.
1635537266497.png

They said no thank you and patrolled the yard and investigated all the birds before laying down to take a nap.
1635537327545.png

Lovely. At this point I'm probably thirty minutes behind schedule. I summon the roommate to come out and baby sit them while I get ready for work. Apparently they were excited to show her the yard and then wandered out into the middle of the four-lane highway where people drive 75 mph to take another nap. She had to get each of them out of the middle of the road and back over to the area they are in for these pictures.

Finally decided to put the hoodlums in the fenced in backyard provided they left the birds alone. Gave them some water and a little snack. They laid down and took a nap. Called the Hunt and Delta County Sheriff's Offices to leave information should anyone call ask about them. Called the Commerce Animal Shelter on the way into the office. She told me she'd seen those dogs on her way to work five miles north of my house that morning and made a note. I gave her my info. Before lunch the Commerce Police department called me and said they had been called by someone they thought was the owner. They'd reached out to the shelter and the shelter had given them my info. There was a very large language barrier but I had someone in the office call them and figured out what was going on and got them directed to my house. They said the drive was over thirty minutes. So the farts wandered pretty far. Hopefully they stay home from now on.

I've had enough excitement for the rest of the week. I was getting in the shower and heard birds sounding off and alarm calling.
Confused Dog GIF

I craned my neck in the window in the bathroom to look in the direction of the birds and see three huge dogs 100% tormenting birds and chasing what looks to be a bird out.
View attachment 2882017View attachment 2882021
I went through the house like a hurricane, robe flying behind me, mud boots clomping...
fairy tail transform GIF by Funimation

View attachment 2882038
...prepared for battle. I came around the corner screaming like a crazy person hoping that like most strays they'd take one look at me, tuck tail, and run.
View attachment 2882019
Alas, it was not to be. I started screeching and they all turned their heads and started running. At me. I was completely tackled by two 10-ish-month-old Great Pyrenese puppies. Followed by the Anatolian Shepard who was the designated babysitter and got them off of me. After I got them off with help from the older dog and assured them I wasn't broken they proceeded to go catch the loose pullet and "lovingly" stood on her until I could get her. Tossed her back in her pen and then politely asked them to go home.
View attachment 2882041
They said no thank you and patrolled the yard and investigated all the birds before laying down to take a nap.
View attachment 2882043
Lovely. At this point I'm probably thirty minutes behind schedule. I summon the roommate to come out and baby sit them while I get ready for work. Apparently they were excited to show her the yard and then wandered out into the middle of the four-lane highway where people drive 75 mph to take another nap. She had to get each of them out of the middle of the road and back over to the area they are in for these pictures.

Finally decided to put the hoodlums in the fenced in backyard provided they left the birds alone. Gave them some water and a little snack. They laid down and took a nap. Called the Hunt and Delta County Sheriff's Offices to leave information should anyone call ask about them. Called the Commerce Animal Shelter on the way into the office. She told me she'd seen those dogs on her way to work five miles north of my house that morning and made a note. I gave her my info. Before lunch the Commerce Police department called me and said they had been called by someone they thought was the owner. They'd reached out to the shelter and the shelter had given them my info. There was a very large language barrier but I had someone in the office call them and figured out what was going on and got them directed to my house. They said the drive was over thirty minutes. So the farts wandered pretty far. Hopefully they stay home from now on.
Exactly what you need for that bobcat, too bad they have to go back to their home.

Back
Top Bottom