Fairy Tail Farms English Orpingtons

No flop. You could eliminate #3 from the running now. Keep #1 and #2 and see how they look at nine months. They won't be breeding yet by then anyway. The SLO cockerel I have is at least nine months and he's not even crowing yet.
Them and the Ameraucana always take a while to mature. The Phoenix and Spitzhauben are quick.

Thank you for the advice on the boys.🥰

The SLO cockerel I have is at least nine months and he's not even crowing yet.
I just gave away an extra SLO cockerel = 3.5 mo old. The woman wanted him for her rooster-less flock. Poor little guy's cage was instantly surrounded by his new harem. They were very curious but I could see he wanted to run for his life. I told her it would a Very LONG Time before she would see a viable fertile egg. (Mine always took about 9 months to mate and about a year before the hens were fertile.)

I just gave away an extra SLO cockerel = 3.5 mo old. The woman wanted him for her rooster-less flock. Poor little guy's cage was instantly surrounded by his new harem. They were very curious but I could see he wanted to run for his life. I told her it would a Very LONG Time before she would see a viable fertile egg. (Mine always took about 9 months to mate and about a year before the hens were fertile.)
Yep, that sounds about right. Poor little child groom. lol

I love how Coconut’s head feathers stick straight up like a mohawk next to his comb. None of my other boys have that:
088B8CA2-7CA5-42F2-AF65-3B931B433E43.jpeg

E89B14C1-3CCC-4BBF-95C4-5C2CE6F79890.jpeg

62F7D583-92F1-4201-AFF4-D9E1FF7E9BB1.jpeg
FB7CFE63-E81E-469B-957D-6EBDFDCC0C39.jpeg

evil kid smile GIF

I’m done hatching but my girls have a mind of their own so now I’ve got 3 broody Orp hens sitting on eggs again.

They will be due to hatch sometime before or on this upcoming Halloween. 🎃

I’m done hatching but my girls have a mind of their own so now I’ve got 3 broody Orp hens sitting on eggs again.

I'm incubating 36+ bantam eggs I got from ebay. 🤣 Testing the Ovation 56 ex. And my Rose Comb Raven is sitting on 12 eggs.

I completely understand! I sold the chicks from Dahlia's last hatch and she went broody like 3 weeks later, smdh. They're due to hatch the 18th

Back
Top Bottom