Fall Garden- what are you planting?

Holding over peppers and tomatoes and one egg plant that came back with the rain this week. Put in zucchini and patpans last week, pickling and slicing cucumbers and thinking about blackeyed peas this week.

I bought a small tray of 9 plants each of Broccoli, Kale and Romaine Lettuce. I am new to chicken gardens and saw these at the hardware store and thought I'd give it a try. Before I could get the seedlings into the ground my girls (4 of them) nibbled all over the plants.
barnie.gif
I managed to get the scraggly remains into the ground. At least I know my ladies will enjoy the produce of my little chicken garden!
tongue.png

I am also going to plant a bunch of white clover in the yard because they have eatten the clover patches down to nothing.
yippiechickie.gif

I planted cabbage and broccoli. So far only my chinese cabbage has sprouted my head cabbage has not. I had a few stray things of lettuce popping up, and I'm waiting on carrots to pot up as well.

Going to try to replant some more cabbage as I've failed with cabbage 3 times now!

I did find some stray fennel popping up too! I love fennel
smile.png

Now to get some bok choy in.... yummmmm

Almost forgot, Onions and Garlic are in the mail on their way to me.... they go in at the end of the month from where I just ripped out the last of my watermelon vine. Turning some compost in tonight for them to enjoy!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom