Fall hatch for sure

Struttn1

Songster
13 Years
May 4, 2008
Southern Illinois
One of my Royal Palms is sitting a large clutch of eggs for a few days now. ooooooooooo boy.
roll.png

Lucky you! My turkeys are both Toms.....That's Ok though, I can't afford to keep too many......Gotta keep the numbers down. Don't forget to share pics of mama and the babies!

If they hatch, do you think they'll be ok when winter hits? Not sure what your winters are like, but up here in mid October (which would be about the timeframe for those to hatch) it could be anywhere from 80F down to about 8F.

I guess I will find out. I am pretty sure I am going to try to sell them shortly after hatch. I also have a Rouen that finally built a nest and is laying.

If you could keep them warm for the first couple of months, they would make really nice Thanksgiving birds the next year. Its always kind of a race in Minnesota to see if the birds will fill out in time. This year, the incubated birds will be 27 weeks old, and might just make it. The field hatched birds will only be 25 weeks old, so will probably end up as Christmas turkeys. I also have a few hatchery birds that should be fine.

Back
Top Bottom