Fall Quilt Block Swap due October 15th

I took my fusion blanket to work w/ me and can't believe I actually had time to work on it. I now have all the rows sewn together, next step is crocheting the borders on the crocheted side. The crocheted side are the blocks from this past fall block swap, and the quilted side are some kalidieoscope blocks I made, alternating w/ big "X"s I really like how this one is turning out.
where are the pics?

Maybe you could take your cell phone with you and when you find something someone may want, take a pic and send it and buy it for us. Then we'd repay you of course.
wink.png
I'm sorry everyone I didn't see this before I went. I would have done that but I'm not sure how to put the pics on here from my phone. I was really good. I only got 14 yards, 7 different fabrics, 2 yards of each. I had to stand in line for half an hour. They had 4 girls cutting and some people were buying yards and yards. Here is what I got. The light blue has the name of different states on them.

Last edited:
Ladies,

I need tips on how to do the mitered corners, I stop a 1/4 from the edge and fold the binding but I still don't get nice corners, matter of fact they don't end up mitered at all. how far do you stop from the edge and what size binding do you use (does that matter?)

Here is the jean rag quilt I made for my husband to take over the road, to grandma's house, no just kidding, hidden meaning there, over the road in England means to go visit the neighbors, and as you know my husband has just gone back over the road driving long haul, so he is a long distant lorry driver. Note to self when washing for the first time take to the laundry mat, didn't think about all the little strings but I did take it there to dry it, but it ragged out good for a first wash some places still need a little help. I did incorporate a couple of pockets. Now to get more jeans to make one for my son to put in his car.

I just looked at about 6 ways to do it and she explains it the easiest way. I hope it helps.

ginbart that is the easiest tutorial I've seen, Thank you sooooo much It really showed how to properly fold the binding after it is sewed I've been making these other quilts to practice I won't let myself touch my valuable blocks till I learn and get it good, you ladies put too much work into to them for me to screw them up!!!

I am going to sign up for the last spot, yep a glutton for punishment!!! we are now full

Off to buy more fabric, yep can't send the same colors!!!

If you haven't checked in for a while, please just stop by and say hi, so we know you are still playing with us

Thanks

Hello,

final official list

Kat
Fenrosie
Majack
Lacy Blues
Cknldy dropped out
lotsochicks
WriterofWords

kassaundra
moe
MynikaFl
elsiebb
kimmie6067 dropped out
PharmGirl
Rockingbearanch
Ginbart
Cathiesue
coldupnorth
kat signed up for second set

For those who buy online, how do you know if it is going to be quality or do you just have to take a chance?

I've noticed some of the $2 a yard cheap thin material from Walmart that fades horribly and piles is sold online for $5-10 a yard.

Here are the pics of my latest fusion blanket it is not finished yet though

This is the crocheted side these squares are from a BYC swap. Between the squares will be crocheted in the same dark brown yarn. They are "quilted" to the quilt back w/ yarn. The rows are stitched together, but not to each other yet, I will have to do the crochet work first.

Here is the quilted back. I usually piece the kalidiescope blocks, but the fabric was to thick on these so I improvised and machine raw edge appliqued them w/ a wide decorative feather stitch.

Back
Top Bottom