Falling Down Heights, my daily life

Pics
Back from the auction and.....

I DIDN'T BUY ANYTHING!

Okay, not exactly right, I bought a chicken for my eldest daughter, and a call duck for my youngest daughter.

AND!!!

My grandson won a pair of SHOW QUALITY AYLESBURY DUCKS!!!

My daughters are now also making plans to purchase Call eggs or ducklings and start breeding them, because all they saw when those went up for bid was the $$$ they could make! :lau

And here my oldest told me I couldn't get Calls. *sigh*

I was amazed at how much some of these went for. Adult pairs of Standard Cochin were selling for $150!!!

Youngest daughter named her Call Duck Norris. 🤦‍♂️

View attachment 3773713

And here's my grandson, still totally stunned, with Moon and Star. Oh, his mother also has him wanting to breed them now and sell for lots of $$$. *sigh*

View attachment 3773719

The man that had offered them for the kids' draw came over to talk to us afterwards. They are just over a year old. He also wanted to make sure they were going to a good home. He was very happy to hear they were!

Apart from that, I bid on some OEGB but they went for more than I was willing to pay, especially considering I have chicks coming in a month and a half.

I joined the Eastern Ontario Bird Breeders' Association (who were running the auction). There'll be another one in October so I'm going to make sure I have stuff to go into that one.

We all had a great time, and that's the most important thing!
Congrats on the new birds! They're so pretty :love

I've created monsters!!! Youngest daughter is frantically looking for more Calls! :lau

Way too old here this morning. My right hand is so sore (arthritis). Doing my morning chores was... a chore! Hmmmm, chore. Chorrrrrre. Such an odd sounding word. Uh-oh, Wind has gone loopy! 🤪

Can you walk in a straight line?

Haven't been able to do that for years! :lau

Why do you think I keep falling down?
We are getting old Wind, it's what we geriatric people do! 🤣 Seriously though, make sure your eyes are ok, blurry vision will have your depth perception off. I few years ago I kept tripping on everything, I went into the eye Dr for a new glasses prescription and I haven't tripped since!

We are getting old Wind, it's what we geriatric people do! 🤣 Seriously though, make sure your eyes are ok, blurry vision will have your depth perception off. I few years ago I kept tripping on everything, I went into the eye Dr for a new glasses prescription and I haven't tripped since!
I have glasses. I just rarely wear them. :oops:

Back
Top Bottom