Falling hard for this guy...

Discussion in 'Caged Birds - Finches, Canaries, Cockatiels, Parro' started by Lovable Chicks, Aug 22, 2011.

1. Lovable Chicks

Lovable Chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2010
    Have had caged house birds on and off for many years but the other day stopped by a pet store looking for quails and this guy caught my eye. The owner got him out and handed him right to hubby and then I had to take him. Climbed to my shoulder and played with my hair and 'snuggled'. He then gave me kisses but wouldn't the hubby...LOL.

He is young and I so want him... actually don't know if a him but gave ME the kisses not hubby...LOL

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Oh pretty!

3. BebeLapinouBlanc

BebeLapinouBlanc Out Of The Brooder

Aug 21, 2011
    Planet Earth
    Oh so cute!!! Thats the reason I have to avoid Pet Places at all costs..... I instantly fall in love. Last time I went in to one I had 3 baby nandays crawling all over me and I swear it was a "clean up aisle 5" case bc I was a puddle of mush in love... hehe

He/She is adorable! [​IMG] Birdie snuggles are the best!

4. galanie

galanie Treat Dispenser No More

Aug 20, 2010
    Colmesneil,TX
    OH those are such great guys! Very sweet and social. You'll have to be sure to give him plenty of attention but I doubt that will be difficult to do since he's such a sweetie. Yeah, I know you haven't gotten him YET...

5. Lovable Chicks

Lovable Chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2010
    Quote:Not YET but did go to see him again tonight and was going to ask about payment arrangements... But dang...they were closed cus of a appointment.

6. paramedic07

paramedic07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2011
    Bergman, AR
    sun conures are great birds for conures. just be aware of how loud they can be when wanting attention or when excited.

7. Nambroth

Nambroth Fud Lady

Apr 7, 2011
    Boonies of NY
    My Coop
    Suns are very sweet and entertaining friends! Please just be aware of how loud they can be-- it's considerable! Most sun conures that end up in rescues and craigslist are there because of the noise. Make sure you are honest with yourself, your family, and your living situation-- can you deal with screaming for the net 30 years?
    Also bear in mind that they are sweet when babies, but puberty and the years after are sometimes a trial of patience, especially for the males.

8. featherfinder

featherfinder Runner Lover

Very pretty! I have 2 sun conures at home. Sonny and Sammie! Its true they can be very loud when they want something. Also if i do not give them the attention they want they will fly off the cage to the ground and walk to where ever i am and demand to be held [​IMG] Both are sweet and love to be cuddled. Sonny has choosen me and will only cuddle and talk to me. Sammie is my faince's. Sammie doesnt like me much and bites me most of the time when i have him. Very great bird though!

9. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    I love my Sunday Conure. She outlived her original owner and ended up with a family member who did not understand birds.

Sassy Ann is very opinionated. Hates everybody else but me.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

They are fun birds!

10. AquaEyes

AquaEyes Chillin' With My Peeps

Your Sassy Ann is ridiculously adorable. I think it's so cute when they fluff up their belly when they play. In my brain, it reads as "I'm being silly, and I don't care who knows it."

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by