Fans in the coop

Chicken Lily

In the Brooder
6 Years
Mar 26, 2013
Right now I have a box fan in the window of my coop, and it really has helped a lot with the heat. The problem is I have to move it every time it rains. I tried having the fan on without the window open, but it doesn't cool off the coop as well. Also, all of the outdoor fans I have looked at were either too big or too expensive. I found a portable, battery powered fan that would work, but I don't want to have the same problem. There isn't a lot of rain blowing into the coop, but there is still some. Do you think a battery powered fan would work safely even if it gets a little wet?

I hung a fan from the ceiling of my coop with electrical conduit holders. it is just a small stand fan and the girls love it in there. I will try and post a pic tomorrow so you can see what I mean.

The weather has been brutal on our silkie. We are going to Walmart to pick up a fan - the coop is hotter than the outdoors. He free ranges, in our fenced in garden during the day but...he def needs the safety of the coop at night.

My chickens haven't figured out that laying in the shade where there's a nice breeze, which this always as its North Dakota.....never a none windy day, anyway, so they lay inside the coop where it's boiling. I bought them a big box fan today, still seeing if it works. The ladies haven't approved yet, so ill probably find out tomorrow.

Right now I just have it sitting in the corner, but it seems to be helping? I stood in there for awhile and just having the air circulate seemed to cool things down some.

Back
Top Bottom