duck run.JPG
duckpond.JPG
duckpond1.JPG
duckpond2.JPG
duckrun1.JPG
duckrun2.JPG
ducks.JPG
cayuga.JPG

My 6yr old Mille Fleur D'uccle hen, Spunky looks like she doesn't have much life left in her. It appears she's stopped eating, but is still drinking. She's sluggish.
She may pass away soon. I'm letting her go naturally.

Her 6yr old friend also a Mille Fleur D'uccle, named Fuzzy Feet is still acting like a youngster, still laying eggs, & is currently broody.
These two are like sisters, so not sure how Fuzzy Feet will react when her friend passes.
I'm having the same problem with my oldest hen. She stopped walking a few days ago. I just checked her feet (stupid me) and she has black dots on her feet. It might be bumblefoot. I'm going to make a thread and i hope im right and she is not dying. Sorry about your hen.
Getting pictures of the Project Giant Silkie chicks today if anyone wants to see them?
Yes!

I'm having the same problem with my oldest hen. She stopped walking a few days ago. I just checked her feet (stupid me) and she has black dots on her feet. It might be bumblefoot. I'm going to make a thread and i hope im right and she is not dying. Sorry about your hen.

Yes!
Turns out my hen is still eating, but not alot. Just a little bite, here, & there. Definitely going to pass soon.

Bumblefoot is not always easy to treat, I have a hen with bumblefoot on her back toe, I need to treat soon.

Will post them in a few minutes.

Back
Top Bottom