Farm chatter

The parents of my mutt flock
20201116_152003.jpg
20201113_121027.jpg

I currently have 3 red sex links and 1 white leghorn. This was not by choice, as my parents and I compromised by renting adult chickens to see how it went, instead of buying chicks. We ended up buying the birds off of the rental people. I love my girls, but I really wish they were different breeds! With my current setup, the next 3 chicks I get will be an Easter Egger (to be named Snoof) a silver laced cochin (to be named Dolly) and a splash marans (to be named Camo, short for camouflage, because my brother thinks that that's what their pattern looks like). If I had my choice, right now I'd have an EE, an SL cochin, a Splash Marans, and BR, and the next 3 would be an SF, a CL, and an SS.
Sounds like a plan! I'm not familiar with some of those, I mean I've heard of them but never had them myself, except leghorns.

Leghorns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I should have elaborated.....leghorns are AMAZING layers, great flyers, and super alert. They have reputations for being good foragers, but I don't free range so don't know. Mine is great at flying around and hiding in bushes (she's white and sometimes I can't spot her!) and she lays an egg every day.

I should have elaborated.....leghorns are AMAZING layers, great flyers, and super alert. They have reputations for being good foragers, but I don't free range so don't know. Mine is great at flying around and hiding in bushes (she's white and sometimes I can't spot her!) and she lays an egg every day.
okay when can I pick her up? :lol:

Back
Top Bottom