Farm chatter

I take them out into the woods away from the coops. Haven't had a coyote problem.
Well to be fair, you and Jwehl live in different areas, so it’s not the same for both of you. Around here, Coyotes are a very common predator and I have issues with them all the time. Since we are close, it could be the same for Jwehl :hmm :)

My injured pullet is very fond of crapping on the bathroom counter.
Does anyone else's chickens have this habit?
When Joy had EYP I put her in a cardboard box the first night. It had tall sides and I didn’t think she could get out, as sick as she was. Well she proved me wrong. She went out of her way to get out of that box and drop the largest broody-sized poop I had ever seen, right on my mud room tile instead of in the box 🤣

Well to be fair, you and Jwehl live in different areas, so it’s not the same for both of you. Around here, Coyotes are a very common predator and I have issues with them all the time. Since we are close, it could be the same for Jwehl :hmm :)
oh yeah fair point.
I do throw any dead chickens in a coyote live trap to see what i can get though.
sardines are more effective but also leads to me catching the cats.

oh yeah fair point.
I do throw any dead chickens in a coyote live trap to see what i can get though.
sardines are more effective but also leads to me catching the cats.
It would be interesting to see what would happen if I set out traps. Most likely, if I didn’t keep her in, my barn cat would find herself stuck in it. But if I didn’t catch her, I would put it by my coop to see what likes to stay nearby or watch my chickens

Back
Top Bottom