Farm innovations 4250 incubator

Just received the 4250 as a Christmas present.  It did not include the "included" egg candeler.  Test run seemed okay but the motor on the egg turner gets really hot.  I'm not confident it will work for 21 days with that much heat build up.  Farm and Fleet contacted the manufacturer about the candeler and they were out of stock with a two week delay on the back order.  Think I'll try to return this and get my $ back. 
P.S.>  This is my first incubator so take my experience with a grain of salt.   :/  
the candled that can with it really sucks anyways. My regular led flashlights work better.

That's what I've heard. I decided to keep it and just put my first eggs in it a couple days ago.

My review of the Farm Innovations 4250 incubator. This is a styrofoam incubator with a plastic shell. It's is forced air with digital temperature control and digital humidity sensor. It also came with an automatic egg turner. We're in our first hatch with this incubator and have to say it has performed well. This was our maiden voyage as far as incubation and with eggs shipped in winter. We are having a successful hatch! Temperature and humidity remained constant throughout the entire period. We did use a confirmation thermometer and hygrometer. The only issue is at day eighteen when increasing the humidity. The available channels are not enough to get the humidity high enough so we simply added small sponges to achieve the desired level. The incubator then maintained those levels just as before. We're are quite pleased with the performance and value of the Farm Innovations 4250. Ours did not come with the included candeler but I've heard it is not that good. Farm and Fleet contacted Farm Innovations and they were going to mail me the candeler. $109 with free shipping at Farm and Fleet. Farm Innovations has a great customer support service. Their representative was pleasant and knowledgeable when I called on the phone.

Last edited:
I fixed my temp fluctuations by putting it back my he box. Has ran wonderful ever since.

I bought one of these last year and I've had a heck of a time keeping the temperature constant. I use a Brinsea Spot Check thermometer to confirm what the actual temperature is and set it at 99.5 and I added a remote reading thermometer with min/max to see the range. It runs fine for awhile but I notice that even when it shuts off the temperature will continue to drift up. Twice this spring the temperature has shot up to 104 or 105 degrees killing the eggs. I wouldn't have know if I hadn't had the min/max. It was cheap and I guess you get what you pay for. I wish I had saved my money and bought a better one.

I had problems last year with incubation, and my first run this year wasn't real good. But my last two I've got over 70% hatch rate from the eggs that were fertile after day7. I'm much happier with those. I got 25 out of 32 fertile in my last hatch and still waiting to see on the one hatching now. I've already got 19 out of 35 fertile and most of the others are pipped.

I have a 4250 digital and a 4200 analog.

I had problems last year with incubation, and my first run this year wasn't real good. But my last two I've got over 70% hatch rate from the eggs that were fertile after day7. I'm much happier with those. I got 25 out of 32 fertile in my last hatch and still waiting to see on the one hatching now. I've already got 19 out of 35 fertile and most of the others are pipped.

I have a 4250 digital and a 4200 analog.

Great. That's encouraging !

Set it and forget it has been the best for it working properly. I took the plugs out and let it run dry until lockdown. Then I put a 2 wet sponges inside and still left the plugs out. Once the chicks started hatching and humidity got real high I took the sponges out. It running in the 60's% range that way. It ran around 40 to 45% running dry. I only candle on day 14 and then at lockdown.

Back
Top Bottom