Farm Innovators Incubator? Has anyone used one? Still air or fan?

Hi I'm new in this side,, so have any of you used this incubator ?,, is it bad or good,, because I'm live in iceland so it is a littlebit long for me to changes if it is a bad incubator or something.

http://www.strombergschickens.com/prod_detail_list/basic-incubators
I bought one new that does not work wanna save your self Money and time get a brinsea write to them for a catalod and get one of their expensive machions with scratch or a small dent for half price WAY better . plus if you have cats or dogs the styrofoam will not hold up when chicks are born Trust me its Kitty TV and way too tempting for them

I just got the Pro 4200 model in the mail yesterday and have been messing with it since. However, I have not had much time to mess with it at all. It seems sturdy but here is what I have going on:

I have a digital thermometer/hygrometer ( it has indoor and outdoor temps) I also put in the center to verify temp and humidity. I noticed that the probe thermometer and the temp gauge are within 1 degree of each other. (about 90 degrees before I left the house.....I did adjust the temp knob before leaving the house because the instructions say it needs to be between 99 and 100 degrees)

The temp on the digital thermometer is about 10 degrees off of the readings on the incubator. (about 83 degrees)

I also noticed that the humidity reading on the incubator says it's at 85 percent. I put about 3 to 4 ounces of water in the water reservoir (not knowing how much water to use). On the digital temp/hygrometer it is reading 34 to 35 percent.

I can't figure out what I am doing wrong. Too much water? Do I need to take the digital thermometer out?

Thanks in advance for any advice........it has an automatic egg turner and a fan, btw.

hehe thank al, but I don´t have cats just a dog that have no interest in them, but do you know were I can buy an incubator online, because they are so expensive here in Iceland! :)

I had the farm Innovator one, actually 2 of them and didn't like either. Hard to set temp and def needed a therm/hyrdo inside as the one that is built in is wildly off. Was so-so for chickens when didn't touch it but for water fowl where needed to open and spritz eggs daily takes for ever and constant attention to get it back on temp.

Replaced them w/this www.ebay.com/itm/Automatic-Incubator-48-Egg-Capacity-Auto-Egg-turning-Digital-heat-control-/141170139544?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20de656198

Pretty much the same price but 100X the machine

cheers

Last edited:
Had no choice, I had to buy one, yesterday. The stat on my very dependable home made bator became 3 to 4 degrees to cold , It would not get warmer than 97 the first 3 days, I ran down to the local farm store and the only incubator they had was a Farm Innovator 4200, with fan.and turner. it took me 6 hours of messing with the stat to get it to stabilize temp, and I transferred the eggs, it has held perfect temp for 2 days now. It came with a secondary thermometer, (glass mercury, ) and I checked calibration with a known good thermometer, the mounted thermo, is junk and I covered it with tape, so I don't have to look at it. So for now It looks ok, the real story will be the hatch rate, I think I may use some of the components, to make a new bator, by adding a good stat, repositioning the fan, making a better box, I think the heat coil is ok, I like the turner,(never had one of those till now. Fingers crossed

Back
Top Bottom