Farm Related Photography. Pictures are the best Advertisement!

Our horse was rolling in his pen a couple months ago over & over & over for several hours we were worried he had some really bad sickness.........gosh darn it I can't remember the name anyways he ended up perfectly fine & is doing great.
Yes that's it! There is several different kinds one of them is just gas built up in the stomach & usually can be relieved on its own & I believe that's what happened!
Yes certain kinds of colic have a very high fatality rate but some kinds are minor
tongue.png

Yes, some colics are not fatal, some minor, some are not. In my opinion, all colics should still be treated and not ignored. A tube of banamine is very good to have on hand at all times.
Glad your horse turned out ok. We had an older pony couple years ago that had a very bad gas build up. She ended up having to be driven to the clinic for surgery. It was a bit dicey for her, but she made it, and she's still working hard as a lesson pony.
smile.png
Not all are as lucky though.

Took some picture. Nothing fancy, as soon as I got outside with my camera it started to sprinkle...which shortly turned into pouring rain.
sad.png

This is my youngest Orpington pullet. She's turning out nice.

Then there's Brenda, our other "crazy chicken lady"! lol The farms turkeys and my birds are next to each other, with only a wall in between. Brenda lets the birds roam around during the day when she's out there feeding and watering everyone. Well...my little birdies followed Brenda right into the turkey pen! lol Or maybe it was the feed bucket they followed...?

Then there's this "little" lady. I think Big Bertha has officially gone broody. I put some eggs in the incubator today, hopefully I have some fertile eggs this time. My Silkie rooster didn't do a very good job last year. I think I ended up with only 3 chicks out of 3 hatches....which was a dozen eggs each.
sickbyc.gif
If he doesn't do his job this year, I'll just find him a nice pet home.

Yes, some colics are not fatal, some minor, some are not. In my opinion, all colics should still be treated and not ignored. A tube of banamine is very good to have on hand at all times.
Glad your horse turned out ok. We had an older pony couple years ago that had a very bad gas build up. She ended up having to be driven to the clinic for surgery. It was a bit dicey for her, but she made it, and she's still working hard as a lesson pony. :) Not all are as lucky though.

I'm glad she ended up alright! Yes he seemed back to himself within a few hours it was very odd and we were worried but then he just snapped out of it so that's good!

I had a newly-purchased horse that colicked on Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's Eve. The vet really loved that horse's timing. The vet suggesting deworming for tapeworms and it worked. The horse never colicked again.

I'm glad she ended up alright! Yes he seemed back to himself within a few hours it was very odd and we were worried but then he just snapped out of it so that's good!
I'm glad our pony is doing good also! She's a tough old lady. lol
I'm wondering if your guy had some type of a gas build up also, if he came out of it so quickly. All that matters is that all is well now.
smile.png

I had a newly-purchased horse that colicked on Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's Eve. The vet really loved that horse's timing. The vet suggesting deworming for tapeworms and it worked. The horse never colicked again.
That's quite the timing. lol Sometimes I wonder if the animals purposely pick these days to have problems...? lol

Back
Top Bottom