Farm Related Photography. Pictures are the best Advertisement!

Thanks guys for all the encouragement! Birdrain, congrats! I just hatched my first two peachicks, so I'm just starting to get into peafowl and I love how tame your peacock is.

Sorry I couldn't get a video of my show but I do have some photos of my show and after. My White peacock I got tame in 3 months of ownership and he was a year old and he won Grand Champion in Showmanship and Grand Champion in Quality!

Congrats!
thumbsup.gif

I'm hoping my pictures are good enough to post here - I'm just starting to learn about photography, and right now I just have a point and shoot camera.

I don't have any big farm animals, but I do have chickens, ducks, guineas, geese, and peafowl
big_smile.png
I think those are nice, clear pictures. And the subject matter is perfect! lol I love chickens.
What breed is your black rooster?

Sorry I couldn't get a video of my show but I do have some photos of my show and after. My White peacock I got tame in 3 months of ownership and he was a year old and he won Grand Champion in Showmanship and Grand Champion in Quality!

That is awesome! Congratulations!!
How much time did you spend with this bird daily to tame him? And had he been handled when you got him as a little guy? He's beautiful!

I have a lot of catching up to do here, don't I?! lol

Baby Zoomer is getting BIG! These pictures were taken a couple of weeks ago. He was spooked by the red ball when I rolled it by him, then he decided the ball wasn't scary after all and went over to check it out.

He's very cute and all....but he's the brattiest kid ever!!!
lol.png
He has learned how to be lead, he was doing really well until he reached his "I'm going to bite you" stage. Now he's starting with the "run off and try to kick you" stage..
roll.png
I love the little foals, I really do. Working with them is my favorite thing! But this one is just a pest. LOL Good thing he's pretty smart. He'll learn quickly.

My watermelon kids. They're so cute!
love.gif

I had a week of horse camp. Kids painted some ponies. Madeline here is so irresistible, the kids can't keep their hands off of her!
lau.gif

My baby Booger.
love.gif
Her expressions crack me up.

The random Barred Rock I somehow ended up with. Named her Barbara. Yes, I know. Very original.

And the other random bird, Red the Rhode Island Red. I'm so good at naming my birds, huh? lol

I'll stop here. I have plenty more to share another time!
big_smile.png

Sanna, whenever your name pops up in a post, I make it priority to check it out first. You've never let me down, I love your postings. Zoomer is just adorable from this side because you have to deal with him - not me. I know you will guide him in the right direction .

Sanna said:
I think those are nice, clear pictures. And the subject matter is perfect! lol I love chickens. What breed is your black rooster?
Thank you! He's an ayam cemani.
Sanna said:
And the other random bird, Red the Rhode Island Red. I'm so good at naming my birds, huh? lol
I also have a RIR named Red! I was just kind of calling her that until I came up with a better name and it stuck :p

Sanna, whenever your name pops up in a post, I make it priority to check it out first. You've never let me down, I love your postings. Zoomer is just adorable from this side because you have to deal with him - not me. I know you will guide him in the right direction .
Thank you!
Zoomer really is a cute little guy, he's very curious. They all go through their little stages of "bad habits" and we just have to teach them that it's not appropriate behavior when with humans. How else would they learn? Zoomer will be a good boy when he grows up as big of a turds as he is right now!
lol.png

I also have a RIR named Red! I was just kind of calling her that until I came up with a better name and it stuck
tongue.png
I did the same because my RIR is the only red chicken I have. LOL

I think those are nice, clear pictures. And the subject matter is perfect! lol I love chickens.
What breed is your black rooster?

That is awesome! Congratulations!!
How much time did you spend with this bird daily to tame him? And had he been handled when you got him as a little guy? He's beautiful!

I would spend 15 min morning and night everyday when I first got him and then few times a week. I owned him for only 3 months, he was wild when I first bought him but after a week he would let me catch him and then it took another week so he would fly off my arm when I touch him, and then another week for him to be tether trained and allowing me to practice show with him. After the first three weeks I started to work with him few times a week. He is very tame and I love how tame he is. He doesn't mind letting little kids pet him or adults and he doesn't mind the large crowds when he's perched on my arm.

Back
Top Bottom