Farming Home Decor Books. Why so many eggs?

Jun 29, 2020
So, our family is building a house on a property not far from where we live. Of course, this gives us an excuse to browse home decor books for 'life-changing' ideas. One kind of home decor books I often see are the 'farm decor' books. The idea is that the 8-person perfect family in the books live off the land in a rustic farmhouse that they restored. Of course, their nearest neighbor is 18 miles away. This perfect family has 20 purebred leghorns that they're planning to eat someday, but they don't have the heart to do it. Oh, and a few perfect Black Angus's that their perfect three-month old can milk while doing a handstand.

Hoo boy I'm getting off topic.

So, what I'm getting at is that the family runs an impressive blog, writes these 'home decor' books, remodels the house by themselves, and still has time to care for the animals.

My main point: It's a pretty stupid thing to laugh at, but in too many of the photos, it's a picture of one of them swinging a hand-woven basket filled with eggs. Now, I absolutely understand that a bunch of you get that many eggs a day, but out of our three hens, only one is laying. So, when we get the egg from the nesting boxes, we hold it like it's a baby bunny. Staring at it wide-eyed.

So, while a bunch of you get those amazing bucket-full amounts of eggs, we're here cooing at one a day while stroking it and showering the lady who laid it with too much attention.

Back
Top Bottom