Farmyard Bizzaro- diary on a crazy farmyard's days (Geese and Chickens)

Great video
smile.png
. Nice to meet all the chickens. Coop looks great and they all seem happy. Do you know about how many you have? My daughter and I just counted ours the other day. We have 72(ish!) I know at least 2 that roosted in trees-may be have been more, but we counted 70. Do you name all of your chickens? Some of mine are nameless & some have gained names. My 2nd hatch this year, we got a gorgeous solid white rooster. His name is Snowman
big_smile.png
. And I have a speckled Sussex rooster named Sue. I won't bore you with all the other names, they are my favorites. Thanks for sharing your flock with us.

Great video
smile.png
. Nice to meet all the chickens. Coop looks great and they all seem happy. Do you know about how many you have? My daughter and I just counted ours the other day. We have 72(ish!) I know at least 2 that roosted in trees-may be have been more, but we counted 70. Do you name all of your chickens? Some of mine are nameless & some have gained names. My 2nd hatch this year, we got a gorgeous solid white rooster. His name is Snowman
big_smile.png
. And I have a speckled Sussex rooster named Sue. I won't bore you with all the other names, they are my favorites. Thanks for sharing your flock with us.
Thanks! Yes, the other day we counted too (about 90, but with the broilers we have about 330 chickens)! 72, great, I love it when others also have a lot of chickens(makes me feel less crazy)! Yes, all the chickens have names (except for 1 or 2)! My favorite names are Moonshine and Octomom! Some of ours roost in the trees too!
wink.png
Can you please send pics of those two roo's you were talking about??

Am changing the name to Farmyard Bizzaro, as I am going to post an update (tonight or tomorrow) with geese! We have 12 geese and 2 babies that just hatched today!
love.gif
!!

Thanks! Yes, the other day we counted too (about 90, but with the broilers we have about 330 chickens)! 72, great, I love it when others also have a lot of chickens(makes me feel less crazy)! Yes, all the chickens have names (except for 1 or 2)! My favorite names are Moonshine and Octomom! Some of ours roost in the trees too!
wink.png
Can you please send pics of those two roo's you were talking about??

I will as soon as I get one of the older kids here. They are tech savy....I am not! Sorry. They are going to show me how to move the pics from my email to BYC
smile.png

As you all have (probably) seen that I changed the name from "Flock Bizzaro" to "Farmyard Bizzaro"! And this is why!

GEESE!!

We got our geese in 2008 as a present from our neighbours that were immigrating. We got 7 from then and hav now grown our flock from 7 - 12 (there have been sellings in-between all of that) They have never ever bred as well as they have this year! This year we got/have fiver broodies with over 40 eggs!

This is a pair(above) with their nest of 7 eggs(below)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here, there are two pairs. One on the left and one on the right!

This is the one on the right. She already has 2 goslings and one egg pipping (don't know about the rest)

This is the nest on the left! It has a lot of eggs, but there ar two geese sharing it!

Another goose (above) and its 8 eggs (below)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A lonely goose(above
sad.png
) and its 7 eggs. (below)

My favourite goose. As it is the only brown one we have!!

New Broilers!

A new batch of broilers has come in yesterday! So far one has died
sad.png

Broodies!

Goldie, and her very lovely/cute chicks! She has this very cute brown one that loves me very much, when I put my hand in her nest, it jumped onto it and didn't want to get off!

Octomom has got 12 chicks! The remaining eggs I placed under Moonshine as Octomom decided to leave the nest with all her babes!

AVH is doing very well! She still has got babies(she lost all hers the previous try)! Sadly she is not my chicken but is just visiting!
sad.png

There will be pics of moonshine coming soon!!!

Looks like your going to have alot of chicks and geese now.lucky
Yeah, the geese are all due within three weeks of each other, so basically by the end of this month all the babes should have HATCHED!
The mother goose that had babies left the nest and left one gosling(sadly it was dead
hit.gif
)There were 4 eggs left (I have no incubator) that I put under one of the heating lights of the broilers to see if they hatch! If they do, I will try to intergrate them back with the geese!

My chickens love to go broody and get chicks lately! So chicks aren't really a big thing for me really, its the geese that are!

Back
Top Bottom