Faux Brick Interior Walls

arge

Hatching
Apr 30, 2023
Just finishing up our 6'x6' coop. Feeling pretty good over all, but I want to install interior walls up to make cleaning easier and not have to deal with in-between the 2x4 bays. I was just going to use plywood, but my wife would like to get fancy. Do you see any problems if we use panel board like this?

I didn't think the material would be an issue, but my wife is worried about the color based on the strong opinions on the color red in the chicken community. I'd love to hear what everyone thinks. The backup options are something like an FRP panel or a plain PVC shower board.

I had inside sheets on one coop. Never again.
It was so bad with mouse smell I tore the structure down. I found a couple cavities they had literally feathered their nests in.

The red color we worry about is more blood red, not the brick red. I would not worry about that shade of red. I'm sure many coops have a brick wall from repurposed buildings.

As noted above, that product is for interior use. It may work inside a coop but I'd be cautious.

I agree with that creating a safe place for Mommy Mouse to raise a family. One time I found a small garter snake living in a cavity in the coop. How it avoided getting eaten by the chickens I don't know. It is not just mice that can use those spaces.

Back
Top Bottom