Faverolle silkie mixes with chipmunk marking?

Cluckbait

Chirping
May 28, 2021
In my new hatch I have five faverolles. Four of them are mixed with silkie, and one has silkie/faverolle parents that look more like faverolles. My question is... have you ever seen them with chipmunk markings? They all have dark chocolate head markings, back stripes, and eyeliner. The one that I suspect is the offspring of the second gen silkie/fav mix doesn’t have the marks. Or is this a gender thing? Any thoughts?

Attachments

• 8CD9B8A4-70DF-4BD3-8E3D-FBC0D0B242A8.png
    8CD9B8A4-70DF-4BD3-8E3D-FBC0D0B242A8.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 24
Here’s the “second gen” hatchling, from mixed parents (the chipmunk looking four would technically be their genetic siblings, she just hatched them for me lol)

Attachments

• 6379562C-9559-4779-8F11-BCE521F6E7DE.jpeg
    6379562C-9559-4779-8F11-BCE521F6E7DE.jpeg
    573.9 KB · Views: 12
Do you know what color the silkies are/were in the mix?
These chicks look like they will be a light partridge. Will be interesting to see how they feather out. 😊

Do you know what color the silkies are/were in the mix?
These chicks look like they will be a light partridge. Will be interesting to see how they feather out. 😊
Their dad is a white silkie but he only has minimally silkied feathers even though he’s pure silky. He looks almost like a sultan, but he’s a silkie lol. And my full grown chickens from the same type of moms (full salmon fav) and dad (big white silkie) both look like faverolles... and their baby doesn’t have any chipmunk markings (she had one egg that was hers, there’s definitely some family affairs happening in this flock lol)

Their dad is a white silkie but he only has minimally silkied feathers even though he’s pure silky. He looks almost like a sultan, but he’s a silkie lol. And my full grown chickens from the same type of moms (full salmon fav) and dad (big white silkie) both look like faverolles... and their baby doesn’t have any chipmunk markings (she had one egg that was hers, there’s definitely some family affairs happening in this flock lol)
Recessive white silkies often carry partridge. Could be where these little random ones showed up.😊

In my new hatch I have five faverolles. Four of them are mixed with silkie, and one has silkie/faverolle parents that look more like faverolles. My question is... have you ever seen them with chipmunk markings? They all have dark chocolate head markings, back stripes, and eyeliner. The one that I suspect is the offspring of the second gen silkie/fav mix doesn’t have the marks. Or is this a gender thing? Any thoughts?
Do you have updated pictures?

Back
Top Bottom