Faverolles Thread

Thought I'd post a few pics of my Merlin babies. I finally separated them out from the others. I ended up with 6 boys, and 4 girls. No fancy pics, just whatever I could get as they were all trying to get away from my camera phone! LOL

My favorite cockerel right now...

My top 3 boys...

hi Faverolles lovers :)

I am new to chickens overall, and was looking for a local-ish ameraucana breeder to pick up some good lines to start my Ams breeding project, and ran across a photo of a Salmon Faverolles. Fell instantly in love. So much so, that I am planning to add a coop to my small backyard operation just for these lovelies. However, I was hoping that you guys would take a peek at this flock as a starting point. I have been trying to get the best Ams I can afford, and these guys too :) I just want to make sure I am not starting so far behind that it will take YEARS to get anything even remotely correct.

Do you all mind looking? I have been reading this thread all week trying to glean from all of you wisdom. I am still learning the standards for these birds so I feel less confident in evaluating this flock.

Thanks!

http://www.sawmillchickenfarm.com/Salmon_Faverolles.php

p.s. this is a big deal because I can go pick up young chickies and not deal with incubating...and they will have already been culled the first round. I ordered eggs from an Ams breeder that I am PRAYING I will get one to hatch at this point. Trying to avoid shipping right now in the summer

Just wish to thank Mia (Poularde) for allowing me to bring home her LF Favarolles.....I know it was a hard decision for her to let them go...... So i now have 3 beautiful hens from Jeanine (Finally-VBG) and a lovely group from Pasofino......Yeah.....THANKYOU AGAIN, Mia....eliz

Just wish to thank Mia (Poularde) for allowing me to bring home her LF Favarolles.....I know it was a hard decision for her to let them go...... So i now have 3 beautiful hens from Jeanine (Finally-VBG) and a lovely group from Pasofino......Yeah.....THANKYOU AGAIN, Mia....eliz
Yeah, I know it wasn't an easy decision for her...she really wanted those. Glad you've got them though!
big_smile.png

hi Faverolles lovers :)

I am new to chickens overall, and was looking for a local-ish ameraucana breeder to pick up some good lines to start my Ams breeding project, and ran across a photo of a Salmon Faverolles. Fell instantly in love. So much so, that I am planning to add a coop to my small backyard operation just for these lovelies. However, I was hoping that you guys would take a peek at this flock as a starting point. I have been trying to get the best Ams I can afford, and these guys too :) I just want to make sure I am not starting so far behind that it will take YEARS to get anything even remotely correct.

Do you all mind looking? I have been reading this thread all week trying to glean from all of you wisdom. I am still learning the standards for these birds so I feel less confident in evaluating this flock.

Thanks!

http://www.sawmillchickenfarm.com/Salmon_Faverolles.php

p.s. this is a big deal because I can go pick up young chickies and not deal with incubating...and they will have already been culled the first round. I ordered eggs from an Ams breeder that I am PRAYING I will get one to hatch at this point. Trying to avoid shipping right now in the summer
thumbsup.gif

Are these chicks mine???? Someone just contacted me to say they got a hatch with a high number of four toed chicks... I am freaking... The SF chicken jail backs up to an Lavender Ameraucana pen... If I had an Am roo get over the chicks would be similar I think... But I still would not have expected such high numbers as when I have crossed on purpose for green eggs layers for friends the percentage has been much lower due to the dominance of the five toe gene. Also I would have expected to see some black/grey chicks????

I was out of state for almost two weeks with my mothers death at the beginning of March and I guess it could have happened while I was gone but a stray roo would have to be living in that pen to give those kinds of numbers I think.... Ugh!

She says of 13 hatched 4 have a four and a five toed foot and two have two four toed feet... I am just freaking out!

If anyone got eggs from me recently and had this happen I would really like to hear from you so I can make it right....

Sort of forgot to ever come back since we emailed back and forth, but I just wanted to let you know that yes, that was me, and to say that we are very happy with your communication with us! Looking forward to more eggs when the weather cools off a bit, but the five toed birds are turning out to be really quite lovely.

Back
Top Bottom