Faverolles Thread

Quote:
Oh he is so handsome! I think I may need to get an incubator to hatch out some eggs... and the obsession grows
jumpy.gif
hmm.png

I can keep anything mine lay between now and Monday for you...
wink.png

Do it I am fairly certain that the blue salmon hen you have is the mother of the cockerel in the pic of the week.

Quote:
wink.png

Do it I am fairly certain that the blue salmon hen you have is the mother of the cockerel in the pic of the week.

yep! and i have the other half of that beautiful creation!

i am loving his little chicks! i got 8 to hatch out and 4 so far i can tell are pullets! there is one in the mix that i'm still trying to tell if it is a pullet or a blue cockerel. they all come running for me when i bring food or treats! i need to get a pic of them and the hen that hatched them for me! she's been in a large dog crate but the chicks can still slip out the bars and run around in the main pen and the other pens with other breeding birds, and so far no one has tried to pick on them! they seem to rule the roost!
lol.png
dad even seems to like having them under his feet!

Quote:
wink.png

That's cool!!

Chickie'sMoma :

Quote:

yep! and i have the other half of that beautiful creation!

i am loving his little chicks! i got 8 to hatch out and 4 so far i can tell are pullets! there is one in the mix that i'm still trying to tell if it is a pullet or a blue cockerel. they all come running for me when i bring food or treats! i need to get a pic of them and the hen that hatched them for me! she's been in a large dog crate but the chicks can still slip out the bars and run around in the main pen and the other pens with other breeding birds, and so far no one has tried to pick on them! they seem to rule the roost!
lol.png
dad even seems to like having them under his feet!​

My birds are very very good about not hurting young birds and living as a whole family. My broody has lived with everyone and the chick has been running around outside from day 1 with the whole flock. This is something different from the other breeds I have had. For instance this afternoon I introduced the splash pullets to the adult flock. No one picked on them none of the birds bothered them at all! If I had done the same thing when I owned ameraucana or a mixed flock the pullets would probably be dead. I think its all just part of the Faverolles laid back personalities.

Henry

Quote:
They look to have good toe placement to me. I was just wondering they look like pure faverolles to me.

Henry

Quote:
They look to have good toe placement to me. I was just wondering they look like pure faverolles to me.

Henry

I have some fav cross chicks. Only two out of five have the 5 toes. All have feathered legs though.

Quote:

Henry

I have some fav cross chicks. Only two out of five have the 5 toes. All have feathered legs though.

I was thinking that its a good indicator of wether they are pure or not. Do any have muffs and 5 toes?

Henry

Quote:
Hi guys! My chicks are going on 4 weeks now. I have 5 pullets and 3 cockerels. Two chicks are developing differently than the rest; they have fewer feathers and are a smidge bigger than the others, a girl and a boy... I am guessing that they are from the other pen? The cockerel has MUCH darker color than the other two boys and he has a more forward set wing, the girl seems to be colored like the others but also has a more forward set wing. I am watching them very closely so I do not lose track of them in my little flock. I hope to mark all of the chicks soon but I have not decided how to go about it yet. Still waiting on my chicks from My Pet Chicken, they were supposed to come around the 28th so until they arrive I will be on a first name basis w/ Michelle the postmistress, and phoning every am. Haven't had time to take/post pics... but maybe I will get time next week.

Dick, please let me know when Henry is visiting, I would love drive up to meet him in person.
smile.png

Last edited:
Quote:
Hi guys! My chicks are going on 4 weeks now. I have 5 pullets and 3 cockerels. Two chicks are developing differently than the rest; they have fewer feathers and are a smidge bigger than the others, a girl and a boy... I am guessing that they are from the other pen? The cockerel has MUCH darker color than the other two boys and he has a more forward set wing, the girl seems to be colored like the others but also has a more forward set wing. I am watching them very closely so I do not lose track of them in my little flock. I hope to mark all of the chicks soon but I have not decided how to go about it yet. Haven't had time to take/post pics... but maybe I will get time next week.

Dick, please let me know when Henry is visiting, I would love drive up to meet him in person.
smile.png

Sandi I am coming up on Friday should be there around 1pm
big_smile.png
Thats interesting about the two bigger chicks. I wonder if Cindy has the same thing with her birds? You could use leg bandetts and then switch to plastic bands that is what I do to mark my birds. For bantam its size 7 for plastic bandetts when they are chicks and then size 9 for adults. Not sure about standard faverolles though.

Hope to see you there!

Quote:
Yes, I have some that are quite large, and some that are small. Then there's the bunch in the middle.

I have a couple of roos with a lot of white, including Red Roo. I do know the one with the most white came from the F1 pen. I'm going to guess it's the same one the red boy came from too. He's small compared to the rest.

Back
Top Bottom