Faverolles Thread

Quote:
You won't be able to miss me. I'll have my Faverolles hot on and my jacket. I should stick out like a sore thumb.HA I plan to be there fairly early.
Dick

Let me know how the show went! Wish I could have gone.

Nice show but disappointing for Faverolles. There were three juniors, 2 cockerels and one pullet. In the bantam showing was one pullet/hen, nice bird, I'm sure she'll get best of breed. In the large Faverolles, zero. I was hoping to see at least a few there. Did meet mamme1616. Interesting conversations. I plan on showing at the Congress show next year.
Dick

Quote:
OK I just got permission from my feed store to bring in 5 more cull roos... one is a fav who thinks he's a pet... I just can't kill him. Ack I have to get psyched up for it all over again. I've done it twice so far... did rabbits in 4H many moons ago, that was easy but for some reason chooks are harder for me right now.
My freezer's full right now anyway, but I think I'll save one. Hmmm, how about the Fav cuckoo marans cross.... any word on how they taste? Both breeds are French.
lol.png

(the one Brahma I processed was huge, & had a lot of fat)

Laurie,
Did you get my PM?
Dick

Quote:
gig.gif

HAHA! i actually know of a recipe called 'Drunken Chicken', but i don't think you are supposed to get the live bird drunk and then invite it to dinner!
lol.png

Laurieks, i haven't processed a fav/marans cross yet but i will try to let you all know how they average out on weight and taste if/when i get to one! i am sure my dh wouldn't mind having to cull a roo on occasion if it cuts down on the noise and space here! the cockerel i have here is just a little smaller than the 2 marans hens at the moment so i am hoping he will get a little larger as he gets closer to his adult molt next fall so he can give me some pretty cuckoo colored boys and girls!

Quote:
I don't know of any LF breeders near there I will check the breeders list again but you probably will have to wait this time of year most breeders only have there best kept over for spring hatching season. Jeanine might have an extra male or Cindy they will let you know if they do I am sure.

Henry

Yep, I have one if you're willing to have him shipped...
wink.png

Thank you both very much. Cloverleaf Farm I am sending you a PM. :)

Hi,
I am looking for blue and/or white bantam Faverolles hatching eggs. I am hoping for six to eight eggs and would purchase smaller quantities
if anyone has anything available.
Thanks,
Jeanne

th.gif
I don't think I can handle anymore! First, a 90 minute personal tour/lesson with Dick Boulanger today at the Poultry Congress, and now a mini online seminar with Pete Merlin?!?!
th.gif
Who could ask for anything more??
bow.gif
woot.gif
bow.gif

Gentlemen, we who are about to breed salute you!

smiley_salute.gif
smiley_salute.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
X3! What a treat! Thank you Peter for sharing that with us. I have copied and saved this to my personal Faverolles Files for future reference (probably will refer to it daily just to enjoy the pics again).

I have a question for Leisha, Dick and Peter. How many roosters (of a specific variety) do you normally keep for breeding purposes? Or does this number change according to your goals?

Back
Top Bottom