Faverolles Thread

Well only real threat here in Aus is foxes so safe from bears at least !

Cannot believe the hide of the neighbouring though! Wow some people
AND SNAKES! Wild dogs?? Crocs and lizards.... Bird eating spiders. I like where I live-- the birds eat the spiders. lol

One woman up here just told us her roof was lifted off her coop by something to get her orps. Depending on the coop she had bear or raccoons... maybe a wolverine but that might be pushing it.

I will have the usual again this year. I already found a den across the street and am PRAYING its a ground hog not a fox.

The UofA birds are ready to go outside. I have to get some more pictures so that I can get some more feed back before I set any of the (hopefully soon) coming eggs.

One woman up here just told us her roof was lifted off her coop by something to get her orps. Depending on the coop she had bear or raccoons... maybe a wolverine but that might be pushing it.
I had a fisher rip open the top of an enclosed run once (chain link cover). I went out to investigate why the juvenile birds were fussing at 10 pm, walked in the run and there it was.

Last edited:
Yikes! You girls are makin' me "noivus"
hide.gif

Quote:
Yipe. My father-in-law saw a fisher cat crossing our road not half a mile from our house last night when he was coming to dinner. I remember them having large territories (i.e. that might encompass our house and therefore, our coop...). He'd never seen one before, just rolled in the door with this story about a WILD animal he'd seen, too short for a cat and moving like a weasel, with a mean look on its' face....

Yipe. My father-in-law saw a fisher cat crossing our road not half a mile from our house last night when he was coming to dinner. I remember them having large territories (i.e. that might encompass our house and therefore, our coop...). He'd never seen one before, just rolled in the door with this story about a WILD animal he'd seen, too short for a cat and moving like a weasel, with a mean look on its' face....

Has he HEARD one? That's even worse.

Oooooh, tell me what that's like... in a pm if you want. Ever hear a porcupine? They don't eat chickens so no need to bother them but... freaky to hear if you are camping.
Sounds like a little kid screaming, and not in a good way. Last time I heard one the fisher was in front of our barn. Noises bounce off the barn into the neighborhood. Next day 2 neighbors called wanting to know what that eerie noise was.

The one that got in the run didn't make a sound. Luckily the birds did, or every one of them would have been killed.

Good evening I need some help here. This is my first batch of favs. These guys hatched on January 25th so they are 7 weeks. I had two hatch. The first picture I am assuming is a cockerel. He feathered in slowly and is much larger than the one in the second picture. The second feathered in quite fast and had tail feathers by day 10. The legs are much finer and just smaller statutered than the first. They both hatched the same day and eggs are from the same parents.

Last edited:
Sorry, but I see a blue salmon cockerel in the first picture, and the rest are of a salmon cockerel. No pullets there!

Back
Top Bottom