Faverolles Thread

Hi All!
My Salmon Faverolle chicks hatched today. I got 13 beautiful fluffy chicks, and 1 who has it's eyes popping out of it's little head. Poor thing looks like a alien. I have never seen this before. Is the long term prognosis bad? Does anyone know why this happened? The parents are very healthy, free range, they eat GMO free feed, I give them fresh fruits and veggies, plus manna pro vitamins. Any thoughts? Thanks!

Hi All!
My Salmon Faverolle chicks hatched today. I got 13 beautiful fluffy chicks, and 1 who has it's eyes popping out of it's little head. Poor thing looks like a alien. I have never seen this before. Is the long term prognosis bad? Does anyone know why this happened? The parents are very healthy, free range, they eat GMO free feed, I give them fresh fruits and veggies, plus manna pro vitamins. Any thoughts? Thanks!
I have seen this on a rare occasion, thankfully not this year. The prognosis is not good. I would just cull now.

Congrats! You are going to love them!
woot.gif
Thank You

well depending on the age yout looking for I just sent some 8 week olds and they made the trip very good

I'm looking for day-olds then, I guess, since it's not good to ship chicks until they're around eight weeks or so. I just got a few chicks from the feed store that are a couple days old, and I'll be getting a few more as they come in in the next two weeks or so. I want them to be all around they same age, so introducing them wont be problematic.

I'm looking for day-olds then, I guess, since it's not good to ship chicks until they're around eight weeks or so. I just got a few chicks from the feed store that are a couple days old, and I'll be getting a few more as they come in in the next two weeks or so. I want them to be all around they same age, so introducing them wont be problematic.
ok No Problem

Back
Top Bottom