Faverolles Thread

What two breeders, if you don't mind my asking? I've bred blues and blacks since 2008 and have never seen barring on them. I'll agree that a barred something was used somewhere if you are getting barred chicks. Kind of pretty though.
I think these are bantams? Don't you just have LF? I had similar juvenile feathering in young blue and black bantams. It went away with the adult molt. I was disappointed in a way because I had hoped they would turn out to be mottleds. Dick said he had some at one point (in bantams).

I think these are bantams? Don't you just have LF? I had similar juvenile feathering in young blue and black bantams. It went away with the adult molt. I was disappointed in a way because I had hoped they would turn out to be mottleds. Dick said he had some at one point (in bantams).
I

I believe what they said is that (some are bantams). So I was thinking that some may be large fowl. I don't know for sure, so I thought I would ask.

Ok, thank you.I am going to be using barred rock hens, though if I could get my hands on some Legbar hens, would use them just for the big egg color difference. the only reason for doing it this way is to minimize the number of coops. I have a good plan and set up using three coops.
Each breed in each coop lays different colored egg to prevent mistakes on my part, but I will be able to more variety
Coop one has salmon faverolles, ameruacana hens, and barred rock hens. I will get faverolles, sex links, and favacuana mixes.

Coop two will have my silver ameruacanas, blue and black copper marans hens, and some california white hens. I will get silver ameruacanas, olive eggers and SBELS.

Coop three... just silver penciled cochins

I saw earlier that someone had posted photos of their chicks - I just had four chicks that hatched 2 days ago, can someone tell what they're sex will be by their coloration? Just thought I'd post some pictures and ask those here that are the experts. If I am understanding right, the one with some black spots on his back is probably a male, correct? And the other one that has a spot on it's head and light spots on back? And I'm assuming the other two are probably females .... ?

I saw earlier that someone had posted photos of their chicks - I just had four chicks that hatched 2 days ago, can someone tell what they're sex will be by their coloration? Just thought I'd post some pictures and ask those here that are the experts. If I am understanding right, the one with some black spots on his back is probably a male, correct? And the other one that has a spot on it's head and light spots on back? And I'm assuming the other two are probably females .... ?

where did you get yours from? soo cute!

I have 2 favs, one hatched completely yellow and the other hatched with black chipmunk stripes (although not as defined as yours). the one with black stripes turned out to be a girl, the yellow one a boy!

you can't go off their down color at hatch. you can only go on the wing feathers as they fill in. I was making guesses at 1 week old, but by 2 weeks I knew for sure.
here are pics of my male and female sexing: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/268082/faverolles-thread/14430#post_12893484

Back
Top Bottom