Faverolles Thread

Turns out that the SF I thought was a pullet has black feathers on her feet...is that a trait only found in males? If so, I've got two roosters.
sad.png
technically yes, but if you have a hatchery bird it might still be a pullet.

I have 4 hatchery birds and they all have black in them. Quite sure they're girls still though, despite the black.

One of them from a few weeks ago:

They're actually getting lighter the older they get, but I doubt they'll ever get to "pure breed show bird" quality (But don't tell them I said that ;) )

I finally got some photos of my two Salmon Faverolles. The first 4 are chick #1. The last 4 are chick #2. They are a little over 2 weeks old.

These next 4 are chick #2

Both males??

Turns out that the SF I thought was a pullet has black feathers on her feet...is that a trait only found in males? If so, I've got two roosters.
sad.png
Based on the feather coloring it would be easy to assume males, but the upper one has a smaller comb and the tail head sets higher in the picture. also the leg feathers could be dark sheath covering lighter feathers???? The back feathering is still the lighter beige with dark……Let us see again in another week or so????? Thanks, eliz

Last edited:
Here are some updated pics of my 2 ( they are 3 weeks and 5 days old)

Captain Obvious - no doubt about gender on this one
lau.gif
Please ignore the JG who insisted on photo bombing

This one is still undecided - either a dark pullet or slower growing cockerel - hard to tell but the dark feathering is more grey than black

Also - the lighting makes the comb look pinker than in real life - but.....I am worried that we have two wee men on our hands :(

Here are some updated pics of my 2 ( they are 3 weeks and 5 days old)

Captain Obvious - no doubt about gender on this one
lau.gif
Please ignore the JG who insisted on photo bombing

This one is still undecided - either a dark pullet or slower growing cockerel - hard to tell but the dark feathering is more grey than black

Also - the lighting makes the comb look pinker than in real life - but.....I am worried that we have two wee men on our hands :(
Both are blue salmon cockerels.

Back
Top Bottom