Faverolles Thread

Yes, she/he is 5 weeks old. This one and my white rock have developed more slowly than my other chicks. We noticed within the first week, but they both eat, drink and run around normally. You are right about the toes. My roos toes aren't joined. Well, I definitely won't be breeding this one, but hopefully it's a girl, since I'm already looking at three cockerels in the bunch and I want eggs!

Yes, she/he is 5 weeks old. This one and my white rock have developed more slowly than my other chicks. We noticed within the first week, but they both eat, drink and run around normally. You are right about the toes. My roos toes aren't joined. Well, I definitely won't be breeding this one, but hopefully it's a girl, since I'm already looking at three cockerels in the bunch and I want eggs!

I got lucky and ended up with 2 pullets and 1 cockerel. There is also one mystery chick that we can't decide on, but I'm thinking it will be pullet. I hope yours is! Please post more pics in a couple of weeks when s/he is more feathered out.

Hello, quick question. Next year we plan on getting a lot more chicks. I'd like a couple faverolles. I've also read in multiple locations that this breed is better not from a hatchery. I'm sure all are better from a good breeder, but seen it stated about this specific breed more. How do I go about finding them local? All I know is to scout craigslist. Is there a better way. (Btw, southwest MI) Thanks

I hatched eggs from FancyFavie who's on BYC. They were bautiful healthy chicks. She's in SE MI if I remember correctly.

Here is my "special" baby.

Molting has been a bit problematic this year. Beards and tails taking the hardest hits. Poor babies!
Oh Goodness!

Here is my "special" baby.
So sweet! My scissor beak girl hasn't gotten severe enough to need help yet. I'm actually kind of proud of her. I think she may be my only pullet too. It's SO hard to tell with hatchery stock. No comb development, but the other has black coming on the chest. It really is a waiting game :/

Oh Goodness!

So sweet! My scissor beak girl hasn't gotten severe enough to need help yet. I'm actually kind of proud of her. I think she may be my only pullet too. It's SO hard to tell with hatchery stock. No comb development, but the other has black coming on the chest. It really is a waiting game :/
isn't she cute?! So awkward but so cute. She is very scared of people though. The day after I got her I was thinking she thought I was her mama but not anymore. She's independent.

if they are with in 3 days old you can kinda tell by length of primary wing feathers but it is hard. if they are one week old its pretty easy the males will have very black feathers on the wing and an obvious difference in feather length of the wings the black being longer and opened up. I had an idea when I fisrt got them after checking the feathers and noticing the male is much fluffier. But I knew for sure when they were a week old that I was right.

this is my female at day 2

female on left male on right

Male in front Female in back.

Back
Top Bottom