Faverolles Thread

Here are some pics of mine:
Blue Salmon Faverolle pullet:
DSCF0332.jpg

These are the Mahogany Faverolle Bantams-F1 cross:
MahoganyFavBantams.jpg

blue Salmon Faverolle hen:
Picture027.jpg

From what one breeder told me is by looking at the down of their feathers, if it is a blue or grey cast to it, then yo have a blue salmon. If the down is white, then it is a Salmon.

And from their tail feathers, when you see streaks, they are lighter, not black for Blue Salmons. The Salmons are very very dark brown or black streaks. It can occur in the primary wing feathers as well. The beards of the Blue roo would be blue and the Salmon roo beards would be black.

Hope this helps!

I hate to pick favorites, but.........

My little faverolle girl pumpkin is my favorite chicken.

I love her so much! I dont know what I will do if something happens to her. I just love her so! She is so sweet! And just talks to us, and follows us around. She is just the best little chicken EVER. I am actually considering getting another faverolle - and I know when I get started with real breeding, that faverolles is the FIRST breed I am going to have.

I know there great! my dad is an inaberaler to the max he can't wait to get them and that they look nice.

Here are a few new pics of Peep-eep... He's very hard to get pictures of because he is always either running towards me or running around with his buddies!!

27475_img_2396.jpg

27475_img_2395.jpg

Must have pics of your new additions the minute you get home!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom