Faverolles Thread

OK. I have a question for all you guys working on other colors. Is the temperament still there? That's one of the big things that attracted Sarah to this breed. They are just so easy to handle, she can pretty much walk into any of her Fav. pens and take one out for showmanship or a demo with very little handling, works with them maybe an hour and done, they are so calm and relaxed. Even if she enters one in a show and puts them in the show cages they are just very calm like they have always done it, even if it is their first time. We don't use anything for breeding that is mean at all. You can understand a male every once in a while having a bad day, but they don't attack they just puff up at ya. or a hen on a nest, they get a little protective.

These are pictures of one of her next showmanship birds (Sammy), she only worked with her that day. Sammy was about 6 months old in these, her first event.

Farmington4-Hfairmay2010012.jpg

She is actually sleeping in this picture.

Farmington4-Hfairmay2010016.jpg

OK. Sorry last picture, promise...

Farmington4-Hfairmay2010011.jpg

Quote:
One of the experiments I want to do, could get all red birds....or.....maybe a buff salmon?????? HA
dICK

Could we be getting buff salmon pullets and not know it? Some of them are very light? This is all very interesting before we started talking to Cindy about the off colored males, we had no idea there were sooo many people working on other colors and than she told me about this thread. Just sent Sarah's membership in today too, I know took long enough, I'm slow.....

Quote:
Ok great to know I will plan on getting there around 12:30. It shouldn't be to crazy for me to get there. The best thing is moving birds around in the car while people are watching. Outside the pizza restaurant tonight I had a salmon hen under one arm and the blue hen under the other and I was yelling at the lavender cockerels because they were trying to get out. I have one dog crate and then show boxes so I wanted everyone to get an opportunity to eat in the dog crate which involved moving all of them from one crate to another and deciding which groups "get along"
lol.png
I must have looked so crazy.

Henry

Ha HA.....been there......done that many times.
Dick

I think the funniest thing that has ever happened to me was at a gas station on the way back from Leisha someone asked if they were rabbit and I said no they are chickens and I got a look of absolute disbelief. Most people even at poultry shows have never seen faverolles and a lot of people think chickens are either red or white and thats it.

Henry

Quote:
So far the blues, blacks, and splashes have been equally as calm in my experience.Cindy's blue pair is very sweet my black pair is OK with people. The splashes who are younger and I handle every day will stand let me pick them up and carry them around they are nicer then any salmons I have ever had. I think it may depend a bit on how they are raised.

Henry

I am very interested in the Mahogany Faverolles. What is the difference (if any) between the red and the mahogany? Which color would the hen in these pictures be considered? The first picture was taken outside and the second in the coop. The color is quite accurate. Her beard used to be all black but is now coming in white.

WebIMG_7660.jpg

Victoria2.jpg

Victoria.jpg

Thanks!
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Does anyone have any Bantam Salmon Faverolle eggs for sale right now? Please PM me your price for 12+ incl. shipping to 28713.

Thank you! TaLani
smile.png

Quote:
OOH! Me! I want a sweatshirt AND a tshirt! AND a jacket! And.....well, you get it....
tongue.png

x2! Plus a hat! Or a visor for those with pony tails?

And Sarah's tshirt! I love that. I'd have to get it in black or dark green so it wouldn't show stains as fast
wink.png
You see who the model is for that nice jacket & hat, don't you? Surely you're not calling him old!?

Back
Top Bottom