Faverolles Thread

Quote:
I sure wish I could have a hatch like that!! Do you have some special pullet dance or something? I always manage to hatch out more boys than girls.

Keesmom, i think i had better luck this time around on hatching! looks like i have 2 cockerels and possibly 6 pullets out of the Apollo's pen (blue salmon boy!) please excuse the watermelon, the chicks have been loving it when they can get it!
lol.png

group shots!
25630_1favhatch7-13-10.jpg

25630_2favhatch7-13-10.jpg

cockerel#1 (i think this one will be blue salmon!)
25630_1cockerel7-13-10.jpg

cockerel #2 with one of his sisters
25630_2cockerel7-13-10.jpg

i have 1 more pullet from Apollo out in the coop along with 1 pullet that hatched out from one of Mosey's girl's eggs! so, out of 10 chicks i have 8 pullets! it might just be too early to say this, but.... i think my 'year of the rooster' has come to an end!
tongue.png

Last edited:
Chickie'sMoma :

Keesmom, i think i had better luck this time around on hatching! looks like i have 2 cockerels and possibly 6 pullets out of the Apollo's pen (blue salmon boy!) please excuse the watermelon, the chicks have been loving it when they can get it!
lol.png

group shots!
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/25630_1favhatch7-13-10.jpg
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/25630_2favhatch7-13-10.jpg
cockerel#1 (i think this one will be blue salmon!)
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/25630_1cockerel7-13-10.jpg
cockerel #2 with one of his sisters
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/25630_2cockerel7-13-10.jpg
i have 1 more pullet from Apollo out in the coop along with 1 pullet that hatched out from one of Mosey's girl's eggs! so, out of 10 chicks i have 8 pullets! it might just be too early to say this, but.... i think my 'year of the rooster' has come to an end!
tongue.png

When I had apollo I only ever hatched one cockerel out of about 12 chicks. Maybe he just produces lots of nice pullets.​

Quote:
When I had apollo I only ever hatched one cockerel out of about 12 chicks. Maybe he just produces lots of nice pullets.

one girl in there has wonderful lacing already showing through! i can't wait to see some of these grow out if i get the chance! dh wants to sell them all soon
sad.png
especially those cockerels before they start crowing!
roll.png

Now I can definitely tell the difference in the pullett and cockerells. Thanks for posting those pics chickie'smoma. Very obvious if you have something to compare it to!!!
ETA - super cute lil fluffy cheeks!!

Last edited:
Chickie'sMoma :

Quote:
When I had apollo I only ever hatched one cockerel out of about 12 chicks. Maybe he just produces lots of nice pullets.

one girl in there has wonderful lacing already showing through! i can't wait to see some of these grow out if i get the chance! dh wants to sell them all soon
sad.png
especially those cockerels before they start crowing!
roll.png

Keep the best pullets! Tell him you need to ha ha

i have 5 more fav eggs i put out in the coop tonight. i'm hoping one of my cochins might go broody on me again! as soon as i took the chicks away from my buff brahma Lily she hopped into the nesting box and laid an egg! i'm sure she's ready to get back into egg production again!
tongue.png

Quote:
It's called the Murphy's Law Dance. It goes like this...cross your fingers, turn in a circle 3 times, and sing "I want roosters, I want roosters." As sure as pigs fly and chicken oink, you'll get hens.
wink.png

Now that I see how many roosters I've got already of other breeds, I think I'll wait on a fav roo. I like those blue ones though....next year maybe.

Quote:
Our show is in September and we would really like to have a meet, we already have APA, ABA, Wyandotte, Waterfowl Breeders, Plymouth Rock, Call Breeders, Hamburg, Modern Game, Cochin, Brahma, Old English Game, Silkie, Rosecomb, Belgian d'Uccle, Booted Bantam, Brown Leghorn and others pending. We are one of the largest shows in New York and it would be nice to include Faverolles, since they are my primary breeding stock.

I appologize if I offended anyone. I was just venting my frustration.
wink.png

I'm sure no offense was taken. Leisha is awesome though, and she is super helpful. She's had an awful lot on her plate since taking over the club, and you know how things can be misconstrued over email...
wink.png
That sounds like a HUGE show!
thumbsup.gif
I'm hoping we can get a west coast show for 2012-ish...
pop.gif
fl.gif

You should post some pics of your favs on here!!

Thank you Cloverleaf and Henry, I remember who they are talking about. And what I told that certain person was, that the President at that time said, that we would have a special meet and give out a cash award to the winners if they were members of the club and she said that their was alot of people going to join and they didn't. Sorry if there was a miscommunication.
That is one of the rules that was put into place when he was President. That is only fair to the club members. I hope you decide to join

Back
Top Bottom