Faverolles Thread

Hi all, just popping in to catch up on everyones doings. I have been super busy this summer with dog training. My birds are doing great; I have 5 pullets and 3 roos that are a bit over 2 months now. One of the roos is a wonderful dark wide guy, and three of the pullets are also nice and wide with good pigment.... as for the rest, they are nice but not as good as the one roo and the three pullets. I plan on keeping all of them for now, and i will be getting 15 more from my pet chicken any day now. Hopefully I will have some good ones to work with from that batch as well... the original 8 are from Dick's line, so regardless of how they look they will be staying.

Hope everyone is having a great summer!
frow.gif

Sandi

Quote:
That's great Sandi glad your birds are doing well. Ihad some faverolles from Meyer hatchery which is the same as my pet chicken. Mine were actually nice birds and the reason why I now have faverolles. One girl was huge and dark with alright type. One was an amazing hen she was taken by a fox a year and a half ago I will see if I can find a picture for you she was a good bird. The dark birds will be good for a cockerel line if you want to go that direction.

Henry

Quote:
Let me know when you want to go through those cockerels. I'll take a ride to your place.
Dick

That would be great. It's always nice to get an expert opinion! I have my favorites and it will be interesting to see how they compare to yours. I'd like you to look over the pullets too, and feel free to evaluate the young Sussex while you're at it. I'm in the process of trying to figure out which of that lot will be staying.

Quote:
Let me know when you want to go through those cockerels. I'll take a ride to your place.
Dick

That would be great. It's always nice to get an expert opinion! I have my favorites and it will be interesting to see how they compare to yours. I'd like you to look over the pullets too, and feel free to evaluate the young Sussex while you're at it. I'm in the process of trying to figure out which of that lot will be staying.

I wish I could be there for that it would be really interesting to hear I love watching people go over birds.

Quote:
Congrats hope it goes well. I still can't believe a grandmother! My mom has to be older then you and she still has kids at home. Crazy how things work that way. Give us an update when you get the chance.

Talon Ryder came into this world at 8:40 p.m. 6lb 1 oz 19 1/2 inches long. Mom and Baby are doing great. Grandma got to be in the room. Check out his birthday 8-9-10 cool

Congrats! There was a baby born 8-9-10 at 11:12!

Quote:
Talon Ryder came into this world at 8:40 p.m. 6lb 1 oz 19 1/2 inches long. Mom and Baby are doing great. Grandma got to be in the room. Check out his birthday 8-9-10 cool

Yes, I seen that. It was down around Cincinnati. Here is a pic of my 3 grandbabies. Chelsea-9, Keaton-6 and Talon 4 days.
48899_grandbabies.jpg

Quote:

Yes, I seen that. It was down around Cincinnati. Here is a pic of my 3 grandbabies. Chelsea-9, Keaton-6 and Talon 4 days.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/48899_grandbabies.jpg

i
Cute grandkids! I am with my baby cousin in upsate NY little kids are funny defently not ready for my own though at least not for a while ha ha.

Henry

Back
Top Bottom