Faverolles Thread

So Dick,

If you're looking at bantams now, does that mean you'll have any LF Favs to sell?

Wink, wink, nudge, nudge.....

big_smile.png

Quote:
Ok good stuff
big_smile.png
someone should really get these all of my BBS birds are from Leisha or hatched from birds I got from Leisha so they are really good quality birds! I would buy them if I wasn't going to college now.

Okay guys-n-gals, NO...none of my stock is from ANY of you. I worked almost 2yrs to get my blacks, so they are MY LINE, if you know what I mean
big_smile.png
I seem to find more gold feathers in my hens rather than roos, and I DO HAVE a black roo coming up, but his beard is not what I like so far. It's "lacking" so-to-speak, BUT I hope with my gals I can improve that and get a fuller beard. Here's a pic of my 5mo old blue and salmon roos and one of my salmon/splash pullet-hens. LOTS of work here to still be done, so please be kind when torturing me with criticisims
sickbyc.gif
Please keep in mind these are YOUNG BIRDS!

http://i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy85/GypsyBantams/014-2.jpg

http://i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy85/GypsyBantams/015-1.jpg

Misty

Beautiful color on the male. Again, keep you eye on the wing carriage. I feel the correction will come from the hens, and yes it will take time. I have the same issue in my white bantams. Hopefully I can get it corrected. I think this is the way all of the American bantam Faverolles look. Maybe I'm being to picky but I would like to change it in my birds.
Dick

Quote:
I didn't hatch many this year on my large salmons. Next breeding season I will be hatching a lot more. Lost two of my large males due to heat. Not happy. Next breeding season it will be salmons.
Dick

Quote:
Okay guys-n-gals, NO...none of my stock is from ANY of you. I worked almost 2yrs to get my blacks, so they are MY LINE, if you know what I mean
big_smile.png
I seem to find more gold feathers in my hens rather than roos, and I DO HAVE a black roo coming up, but his beard is not what I like so far. It's "lacking" so-to-speak, BUT I hope with my gals I can improve that and get a fuller beard. Here's a pic of my 5mo old blue and salmon roos and one of my salmon/splash pullet-hens. LOTS of work here to still be done, so please be kind when torturing me with criticisims
sickbyc.gif
Please keep in mind these are YOUNG BIRDS!

http://i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy85/GypsyBantams/014-2.jpg

http://i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy85/GypsyBantams/015-1.jpg

Misty

Beautiful color on the male. Again, keep you eye on the wing carriage. I feel the correction will come from the hens, and yes it will take time. I have the same issue in my white bantams. Hopefully I can get it corrected. I think this is the way all of the American bantam Faverolles look. Maybe I'm being to picky but I would like to change it in my birds.
Dick

Besides more mahogany on the roo backs, I have also been working on wing carriage too. Steph always points that out to me. She thinks she knows what she is talking about LOL

Quote:
I didn't hatch many this year on my large salmons. Next breeding season I will be hatching a lot more. Lost two of my large males due to heat. Not happy. Next breeding season it will be salmons.
Dick

Sorry to hear that. I lost a pen of silkies due to the heat as well. Everything else did okay. I'm hoping to make it to the OH National
fl.gif
to see what is there also since I'm interested in what a 'good' bird looks like up close.

Pictures are somewhat hard to learn from.

Quote:
Dick

Sorry to hear that. I lost a pen of silkies due to the heat as well. Everything else did okay. I'm hoping to make it to the OH National
fl.gif
to see what is there also since I'm interested in what a 'good' bird looks like up close.

I will be at the Ohio National. It is only an hour and half away from home.

Quote:
fl.gif

Thank goodness I haven't lost anything due to the heat. I have a huge fan blowing in the room and I keep the light off in there too.

Things don't look good for the Faverolles National. Not getting very many response on people attending. I understand with the economy though. I might just have to cancel it, but will still be attending the show out of consideration for the club. The next couple of weeks will determine what I do.

Quote:
fl.gif

Excellent!!!! I hope to see you there! It's a little farther drive for me, but it's great to see all the chickens. I tell hubby that I can either order more chickens, or we can go see everyone else's.

This weekend is the KY Fair, so I'm all set to see what they have in the way of poultry also.

Quote:
Was that for 2010, or 2011? I think the info I got was for 2011, and I have a hard time planning that far ahead. I barely plan next week.

Back
Top Bottom