Faverolles Thread

Chickie'sMoma :

they look about the same as regular salmon on the outside feathers, the only difference is the under-fluff is a slightly different color. Keesmom would be able to tell you more about it. i haven't been paying much attention to the under-fluff on the few girls i hatched out and the one hen i have that i think might be considered blue salmon i haven't really checked her for color fluff even though she would let me.

i do know that the splash pullets would have washed out salmon and hardly any noticeable lacing.

Not all splash pullets are washed out. Here is a splash salmon hen, Cutie Pie. Unfortunately the first of many lost to a hawk last month.

13729_cp1.jpg

13729_picture_93.jpg

13729_picture_82.jpg

Blue salmon girls will have a blue-grey fluff and salmon girls will have grey-black underfluff. Dick was the one who told me how to tell the salmon/blue salmon/splash salmon girls apart. The boys are a lot easier.​

Quote:
Okay, I'm on a slow dial up line here in Maine. What's a claire, and how does it differ from salmon?

Quote:
First time I watched the video. That is England. Nikkie also has a website. I believe she is the now the secretary of the British Faverolles Society. Her birds are beautiful. Also in the video is a woman judge who is Sue Bruton who use to be the secretary of the British Faverolles Society. You people probably don't know of her but I'm sure Peter could pick her out. The last two times I went to England I stayed with her and her husband Jesse.
Dick

I just got an e-mail from the ABA. Years ago (I can't remember HA) I gave money to have a colored portrait done of a bantam salmon female to be used in the ABA standard of perfection. I haven't seen it yet but Karen told me that its finally finished. The portrait should be in the mail. I think I donated $250 for the portrait. I told Karen I wanted a caption under the photo stating " In memory of Bill Woods" my mentor.
Dick

Quote:
First time I watched the video. That is England. Nikkie also has a website. I believe she is the now the secretary of the British Faverolles Society. Her birds are beautiful. Also in the video is a woman judge who is Sue Bruton who use to be the secretary of the British Faverolles Society. You people probably don't know of her but I'm sure Peter could pick her out. The last two times I went to England I stayed with her and her husband Jesse.
Dick

I found her website http://faverollenik.yolasite.com/salmon-faverolles.php I keep looking and looking at their pictures, just drop dead gorgeous. Their rosecombs are very nice as well.

Back
Top Bottom