Faverolles Thread

Quote:
I wanted to thank everyone for the overwhelming response to my request. It darn near crashed my gmail account. I know how willing I'm going to be to help the club out in the future.

Peter

Thank you Pamela for responding to my request of a "favor".

lol.png
Need a bigger server!

Quote:
I wanted to thank everyone for the overwhelming response to my request. It darn near crashed my gmail account. I know how willing I'm going to be to help the club out in the future.

Peter

Thank you Pamela for responding to my request of a "favor".

You're welcome Peter. Any time I can help, I would be glad to, just let me know when and what.

Pamela

Got a few pics. not to good. It was 3 degrees yesterday when I took these pics. Some of the snow I'm dealing with.
55370_dsc00366.jpg

My little coops are buried.
55370_dsc00367.jpg

Gave water to the birds, then went back to feed. Water had ice on it already.
55370_dsc00368.jpg

Mishmash of birds.
55370_dsc00369.jpg

55370_dsc00370.jpg

Bantam salmons.
55370_dsc00359.jpg

Bantam salmons.
55370_dsc00360.jpg

Bantam salmons.
55370_dsc00364.jpg

Some buff bantams.
55370_dsc00371.jpg

Some buff batams
55370_dsc00372.jpg

After I fed the birds I had visiters in the drive way.
55370_dsc00374.jpg

Sorry for the poor pics, camera didn't cooperate very well in the cold. More snow on the way. Who knows how much this time.
Dick

Quote:
Okay, so I don't feel so bad now as I can actually see grass beginning to show through our melting snow. It doesn't look like you'll see grass for a while! Do you have any of those buffs in LF size? I could use an egg or three if so.
wink.png

Love your "visitors" - we get those occasionally too.

Quote:
Okay, so I don't feel so bad now as I can actually see grass beginning to show through our melting snow. It doesn't look like you'll see grass for a while! Do you have any of those buffs in LF size? I could use an egg or three if so.
wink.png

Love your "visitors" - we get those occasionally too.

No, those are bantams. I have three decent pullets. I kept one male that has a black tail. I'll breed him back to his sisters to see what I'll get, I know there will be some black chicks from this cross. I will also breed him back to his mother, hopefully I can get a few decent cockerels with no black tails. We'll see.
Dick

76732_favpulletlebshow2.jpg

76732_favpulletlebshow.jpg

Here are a couple of my pullets I showed the last two years at our Central Indiana Poultry Show.
Please check out our webpage for the show. We are coming up on our 5 annual show this October. We had over 1,600 birds in 2010!
http://ibccn.org/poultry/

Jonathan

Posted this on fav fanciers and didnt really get a reply. For hose of you that hatch BBS or Leisha specifically since these are from you. Do you have to hatch the BBS at a higher humidity or something due to the harder shells??? I collect, store, incubate and hatch all my eggs the same but while my salmon hatch rate runs 80-100%, my BBS rate is closer to 20-25%. Viable at lockdown. Moving around. What's the trick??

Quote:
I hatched out mine at the usual humidity. So far my biggest problems with hatching live BBS chicks have been the power company and my young black roo.

Here are 3 that hatched Sunday. I started with 16 eggs. Eight were clear (inexperienced roo), 4 quit early (power outage). Four went into the hatcher, 3 chicks. Two blue (I think) and one splash.

13729_012511_01.jpg

13729_012511_02.jpg

Back
Top Bottom