Faverolles Thread

Got rid of 2 black split males yesterday and 2 splash males. One black split male is missing. Of course the main one I wanted to use in the breeding pen. This is from the coop behind my house were predators can climb over the fence to get to my birds. Out of that pen I moved my two black hens, 4 salmon hens and my blue male into the road coop. At least those will be protected. I head a commotion in my back coop this morning around 6:15. I got up and went out with my 22. No tracks in the snow around the coop. I'm thinking maybe a hawk. If he got anything this morning I couldn't tell. If it was one of the black hens.....I'm not sure how many I had out there.9...10...11...I need to get a head count tomorrow.
Dick

Wow Dick - I'm really sorry!
sad.png

Gotta get up on the roof today. Have wet spots on my ceilings in two rooms. Ice is very thick on the bottom of my roof, going to have to chop it off. Another storm coming.GREAT!!!!! I also moved my blue hen out of the pen yesterday, I did a quick inspection of her while I was walking to the other coop....split wing, both sides....so I won't be breeding from her. I'll have two other hens that I can use which will be ok. I will breed them to the blue male I hatched from Pam's eggs. Hopefully this will get the red out of my blue males. I should have more blues next year. I'm taking all my splash hens and the splash hens I hatched from Pam's eggs and breeding them to my black male. Black on splash should give me all blues. The black male will also be with my two black hens which will give me black birds. I shouldn't have any problem telling the chicks apart.
Not sure yet but I thinking I might be able to continue one of the lav/split projects right away. Take my black females with a black male. I should be able to hatch a ton of those. All the black chicks will go....I just want the lavender ones.
Slowly getting my pens together. Wish I had more time. Have more birds to purge. Got to go through the bantams.
Dick

I just came across this deterrent for predators called NITE-GUARD. I need to get a couple. They say it works. Sells for about $40 and runs on solar. Its suppose to keep all predators away. If the predators approach your coop they feel like they are being watched and leave. Search the web for NITE-GUARD. Let me know what you think.
Dick

Back
Top Bottom