Faverolles Thread

I have 11 Salmon Faverolles and 1 rooster right now. I had almost 30 but had to cut back.

They are all 5-6 months old so they are just starting to lay. I can't wait to get some eggs in the incubator.

Quote:
Congrats Peter!
thumbsup.gif
Yes, of course, pics are required.

Jeanine you must be sure to post weekly pics once those feathers start coming in so we can see how the MF project is developing too.

That IS exciting Peter!!
lol.png

Will do Patty!

Quote:
Welcome!!
frow.gif
Where did your birds come from?

I got them from a guy who ordered more than he needed.

He raised them to about 5 months and decided chicken keeping wasn't for him.

They originally came from a hatchery.

Man, I am thinking HARD about getting Favorelles, but Cackle is out, Ideal is out of pullets, and Meyer and Estes might have just a few left.... I"m thinking I'll just wait and see if there's any nice ones at the April Poultry Show in Missouri. I'll wait and buy some large fowl hatching eggs from someone here, as the price would really probably be about the same- if you include shipping, and I'd get better stock. But first I have to move my newly built trio coop ito the right spot in the yard after the mud dries.

Quote:
Hi, i'm new to this thread, but i have 12 salmon faverolles in my incubator now, i'm greedy and selfish, so you can't have any of mine.......but.......the guy I got the eggs from sells day olds too. He is in southern MN, and he does ship day olds chicks. They are straight run though.
His name is Duane Urch. (507)451-6782 Call between 7-9pm
Hope that helps.

Anyone selling hatching eggs, chicks or placing orders for hatching eggs? I would really like to place an order next Friday the 25th. If the person I order from also has EEs or Ameraucanas for sale that would be great but, not a must. I can only purchase in Bantam size.

Thanks so much,
wink.png

Michelle

Back
Top Bottom