Faverolles Thread

Thank you. I had a scare last night when my cochin started to act a bit strange. But I think the huge weather change we had yesterday got to her, (she's 9+ years) and she's back to herself this morning. I just brought her inside near the fire, and it made all the difference.

Yep, and I'm candling the eggs in a couple days. It's hard not to check sooner, but I usually can't see much until 7 days anyways.

Quote:
Hi all, my first bantams several years ago came from Norman & Gayle Pontius. They also have very nice temperments. thier website went down last year and believe that they only have the bantam Favarolles now with Orpintons and Shamos & D Anvers. They also sell eggs without going to auction. If interested they have an ad in the Poultry Press for contact info or i can give if you PM me.
eliz

Quote:
Is she a salmon faverolles or a different color? She is from Ideal, I know hatchery birds aren't perfect.

She's typical of the birds I've seen from them.

Interesting....my first LF Favarolles came from Ideal and Cackle....all were of standard coloration....MY Roo did darken/and the supposed to be straw areas honeyed out so he is no longer the clear black, mahogany, cream they are supposed to be. The girls are fine. eliz

Quote:
Am so sorry, agree after awhile we all lose someone. I too lost a treasured female. She was my favorite one of a trio from Erland Weils in Washington that i received last year. Went to feed last night and she was gone...everyone else fine....eliz

Quote:
Am so sorry, agree after awhile we all lose someone. I too lost a treasured female. She was my favorite one of a trio from Erland Weils in Washington that i received last year. Went to feed last night and she was gone...everyone else fine....eliz

Oh, I'm so sorry!!!
hugs.gif

Ok I have questions... I locked up my mutt hen in a kennel so I wouldn't. Have to worry about having mixes. I hatched out 8 eggs. The chicks are almost 1 week now. Their feathers are coming in and they wing freathers have white tips and black farther up. What the heck is going on?!

Quote:
Don't be worried about color yet. They will change colors a few more times before they get their adult plumage.

Mmmmm I will have to take picks and let you decide. I thought they looked white white to me but...
hu.gif

Here they are. I looked closer and the one has brownish feathers not black but I still view the white as white no cream. here it is for your thoughts.
20110324185939.jpg

20110324185623.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
Don't be worried about color yet. They will change colors a few more times before they get their adult plumage.

If I didn't get an answer from here I was going to call and ask what you thought. So this is normal? What age should I be able to sex them and when will the normal Fav color come in?

By the way we all love these guys. Thanks for bringing them up! I only have one problem and that is I have one hen trying to go broody on me. Fine but I didn't want it yet!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom