Faverolles Thread

Quote:
So did he keep any at all? I need to get him more eggs for a better selection.
I've got about 600 or so Spanish eggs in the incubator now out of the birds we traded.

Hey!! Didn't know I you were still hanging around or not!! Yes. He kept the cockerels to use over hatchery pullets. He can hatch and produce so many he can fix any flaws that are introduced by the hatchery before I could fix anything with a set if yours. I'll get pics up tomorrow and email you some for your personal evaluation of them. They are so big compared to the bantams already I forget they are only 3ish months so I'm looking at them pretty critical then remember they are babies still. But they are you're birds so will know how they'll turn out. Or at least have a better idea.......

600???!!!..... Sheesh!!

Last edited:
Quote:
60 stupid phone. I am planning on hatching 200 though. Anyway, I'm looking forward to the pics.

Quote:
I think your white boy was practicing when you weren't looking.

yuckyuck.gif

White sports are recessive white aren't they? Could he make white babies? I thought they would be Salmon.

Last edited:
Quote:
I think your white boy was practicing when you weren't looking.

yuckyuck.gif

White sports are recessive white aren't they? Could he make white babies? I thought they would be Salmon.

Maybe some of your girls are carrying recessive white.
smile.png

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif

smile.png

Oh! I guess I never considered that. Silly me. Should I test breed for it? The babies from my white recessive rooster that ARE Salmon, do they carry a recessive white gene? If not, I wouldn't mind keeping the white boys, as long as I bred them to Salmon, non-white carrying hens.

Quote:
smile.png

Oh! I guess I never considered that. Silly me. Should I test breed for it? The babies from my white recessive rooster that ARE Salmon, do they carry a recessive white gene? If not, I wouldn't mind keeping the white boys, as long as I bred them to Salmon, non-white carrying hens.

Yep, if he fathered any salmon get, they would carry the recessive white. You could test breed all your salmon hens with him and see what you get, then you'd know for sure what's what. Then if you wanted to breed a white line from them, the first generation would have salmon leakage, but you should be able to breed that out over time. The good thing about having the white line around, besides the fact that they aren't terribly common, is that you can always make more salmons later if you need to with them.
big_smile.png

Does anyone know where I can find pictures of good foot feathering on a Salmon Faverolle roo or does anyone have any I can see. I am knew to Salmon Faverolles and I only want to keep the best I hatch.

Thanks,
Michelle;)

Back
Top Bottom