Faverolles Thread

Are Easter Eggers a defined breed, or just a mix that lay colored eggs? I am sure if I looked on the site there would be a thread but I am already in thread overload!
th.gif
Easter eggers are the equivalent of a mutt Ameraucana. They lay brown, green, pink, yellow, or blue eggs. I have seen more of them lay green eggs than not. True Ameraucana's lay(and are bred for) blue eggs. And they have recognized breed colors.

Anyone here sell chicks and ship. I have had 3 shipments of eggs (assorted breeds and breeders) and of all 3 only 1 egg hatched. I had a 90% hatch rate from my eggs so not a bator problem. Guessing its a PO thing. My daughter is looking for SQ LF Salmon Favs for 4-h birds

Anyone here sell chicks and ship. I have had 3 shipments of eggs (assorted breeds and breeders) and of all 3 only 1 egg hatched. I had a 90% hatch rate from my eggs so not a bator problem. Guessing its a PO thing. My daughter is looking for SQ LF Salmon Favs for 4-h birds
I don't ship chicks, just eggs. BUT I have had really good results from eggs that I have shipped. A lot of it is in the packing. When I unpack eggs, I can usually tell right away what kind of hatch rate I'm going to get... ;) I don't know of anyone that ships LF chicks...

Last edited:
I usually keep my boys together and generally they get along fine. I did have a problem this past winter where 2 brothers (project males) one day decided they hated each other and from that point on I had to keep them separated. No idea why, the flock dynamics had not changed at all. Here they are when they could get along.

HI, i have been fairly lucky.....Most of my Favarolle boys get along...Project boyz seemed a lil more edgy.....Wonder if its because the other breeds temperament wasn't as sweet and coming thru??eliz

Easter eggers are the equivalent of a mutt Ameraucana. They lay brown, green, pink, yellow, or blue eggs. I have seen more of them lay green eggs than not. True Ameraucana's lay(and are bred for) blue eggs. And they have recognized breed colors.
Thanks for the reply. There are just so many breeds out there and so many color varieties. I feel good when I can recognize 3 or 4 different kinds. With them being mutts, I don't know how you would know you had one unless you knew the parents, saw it hatch from a colored egg, or saw it lay a colored egg.
idunno.gif
I know I am totally off topic with the Favs right now but with the other color varieties of Favs and the eggers having beards (possibly) gosh I am awed at the possibilities.
ep.gif

Back
Top Bottom