Favorite Hatchery???????

So do you just ask the hatcheries were they are getting their eggs from? I noticed a huge difference in the chicks I order from Ideal and those from Hoovers. Hoovers chicks are hearty and large, Ideals were small and sickly they ones that made it. So now I am wonder what the heck? We ordered other chicks from another hatchery either Welps or Myers and those also were better chicks than ideals bunch. I was thinking of ordering some laying ducks from a hatchery which shows their flocks on their website(*guess they are a smaller hatchery plus have great pricing). So how does one tactfully ask them about who and were they get their eggs from?????

We just got a dozen silkies from Ideal about a month ago. All are healthy and pretty much correct. I mean in toes and combs that is. I haven't lost one yet and hopefully won't if I can keep the coons at bay.

All of my stock is from Ideal from either private party, directly or from the feed stores. I am not unhappy with them and plan to order again in the spring.

I would contact them and let them deal with the issues you are having. I got a live person when I called. Being a rather large hatchery there should be someone to answer the phone as long as you call during business hours.

My favorite is www.Chickhatchery.com gotta love those ameraucanas
smile.png

Quote:
So true. I once found a place online, and went and picked up a couple silkie chicks and they told me they had hatched for ideal(i think it was), and shipped chicks out for them.

Last edited:
I have ordered from Cackle, Central Hatchery (layers only), Strombergs and McMurray. McMurray is OK if you just want a few of something, but pricey on volume. The other have all been very good.

Back
Top Bottom