Favotite way to eat an egg

Kudzu

Songster
8 Years
Mar 27, 2011
Anytime you can use bacon and home grown tomato with a fresh egg is a time to celebrate.
cool.png

008-10.jpg

Last edited:
I'm jealous
sad.png

You have homegrown tomatoes already?!!?!?

My garden got a really late start & my tomatoes are just about 2' tall and just starting to put out blossoms.
I am months away from fruit.....

Eggs, I got
wink.png

Yep, they starting to ripen. Don't know where you are, but I am in Mississippi. We had a very mild spring and we planted early. Nothing like a home grown tomato and egg samich.

Quote:
I'm jealous, too! Even in mild So. Cal, we got a late start on our tomatoes. And now we're right in the middle of June gloom. Largest tomato is only the size of a marble...

So I guess August will be pretty awesome.
smile.png

- Kim

August will be so stinking hot I will not venture out (just kidding). But for real, late August, we quit gardening.

I love deviled eggs but my eggs are now to fresh (if there is such a thing) What a quandry, should I buy store eggs??? Oh, the thought!
ep.gif

I'm in the Midwest & we've had the Psycho Spring from H-E-doublehockeysticks.

40s for a week, then 90, then back to 50s with tons of rain.
Now it's hovering in the 70s-80s with more rain threatened.

So nothing got planted until last month, LATE!
Usually things can go in right after Mother's Day, but we had frost after that & those who planted early lost things.

By August I will hopefully be awash in tomatoes, squash, potatoes, peaches, pears & apples!

hisdaughter:
I hardboil same-day eggs and they come out fine.
You just need to boil for at least 15min then chill overnight.
Shells come right off.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom