Favourite Duck Breed Poll

What duck breeds are everyone’s favourites?

• Total voters
Nah, don't bother. There's not very many people who would own them. Besides, Aztecs were created by mixing call and mallard I think, so if anyone had them they could just vote for calls and mallards.
Ok, I gotcha. I do have one spot still available, so if you think I should include Shetlands then I could probably do it. I just don’t know if there is a more common breed that could take that 20th spot.

Ok, I gotcha. I do have one spot still available, so if you think I should include Shetlands then I could probably do it. I just don’t know if there is a more common breed that could take that 20th spot.
Add "other (elaborate in a reply below)"
That way someone with a fancy (wood duck, Aztec, Shetland, mandarin) or cute mix breed could vote and then show off which breed or mix they have. There are lots of production mixes, and some sexlinked, and some "just plain cute" mixes.

Last edited:
Add "other (elaborate I'm a reply below)"
That way someone with a fancy (wood duck, Aztec, Shetland, mandarin) or cute mix breed could vote and then show off which breed or mix they have. There are lots of production mixes, and some sexlinked, and some "just plain cute" mixes.
Great suggestion! I’ll ask to do that now.

The rest of the loon shooting poop story. The loon was easy to catch beside the road as it was exhausted. Fortunately I have a nearby wild bird care center so headed there to make sure nothing was broken. I had wrapped it in a towel and placed in on the back seat. After a few miles, I realized it had freed itself and was content to rest on the car seat watching the world fly by.
On arrival at the bird place, 3 people came out, heavily gloved and suited up. They were amazed to see the loon sitting on the seat. As soon as they grabbed her, she let out a poop that propelled at least 4 feet. They were very respectful of that beak. Quick check up and x-ray showed nothing wrong so back into the car.
I released her on a small lake of a property I used to own. She spent the summer, and returned the next year with a mate. They returned year after year to raise a family.
Nothing like the call of a loon. I miss you Lucy.
That is pretty cool and a nice success story. And a bit scary and impressive that it can launch poop 4 ft.

Dogs can launch barf about that far too😂😭🤢
Yes, I’ve got experience with that. We had family down for something, Ive forgotten now, but we left our plates on the table to look at something that happened outside and my little dig helped himself to probably 4 full plates of food before I caught him. It was a very bad mess later… lol

Yes, I’ve got experience with that. We had family down for something, Ive forgotten now, but we left our plates on the table to look at something that happened outside and my little dig helped himself to probably 4 full plates of food before I caught him. It was a very bad mess later… lol
What a turd😂

My little lap dog, Daisy, was in the car and she looked uncomfortable in the kennel so I let her out to lay on my lap. She took two steps out of her kennel, looked at my leg, and WHOOSH! Out came all the contents of her stomach. The barf ended up all over my cast and also my coach purse, I'm really starting to think they have it out for me, literally all my nice and expensive stuff has been barfed/crapped on.

BDD56548-7B14-4BE4-A62B-D8D31F0CE287.jpeg
Here is a pic. (he is in center). We joke that he probably has every dog breed in him, he is really a sweetheart though.

What a turd😂

My little lap dog, Daisy, was in the car and she looked uncomfortable in the kennel so I let her out to lay on my lap. She took two steps out of her kennel, looked at my leg, and WHOOSH! Out came all the contents of her stomach. The barf ended up all over my cast and also my coach purse, I'm really starting to think they have it out for me, literally all my nice and expensive stuff has been barfed/crapped on.
Funny now, but I bet it wasn’t too funny when it happened. lol

Back
Top Bottom