Fawns and hens *pics*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh Zenbirder, what beautiful pics, you're so lucky.
Do yall put any food out for the deer? We feed the ones that visit us,but they only come out at night.
sad.png

They are some gorgeous animals.
smile.png

Quote:
Can we please not go down this isle? Hunters have almost all the rights, especially on their own land. I have not said anything at all about taking away their rights. I do hope that my word pictures of what I observe in nature helps anyone to empathize with me and others who are without legal rights to protect sweet creatures once they voluntarilly wander. Yes I am one of the few to be blessed with being able to observe wildlife on a daily basis. I encourage you all to go observing without a weapon, just a camera, and you might be rewarded in ways you could not imagine. As a testimony just look at the pics I took today.

The bucks here do have a genetic disorder, the same side is always affected and the deformity is recognizable in the pattern.

Please, no hunters rights posts. How about a discussion about why chickens and deer are so friendly?

Very nice pictures. I enjoy seeing the interaction of the various creatures provided to us.

The one thing that concerns me in your post is that you can not automatically assume that a hunter was responsible for the disappearance of the buck you were observing. Unless you seen it happen. Rut season is hard on bucks, they run on pure testosterone, don't eat that much and cover a lot of land looking for mates. Interactions with other bucks can wear them out and along with the things previously mentioned can leave them too weak to make it through winter. Sometimes bucks loose fights with others and are run off from their territory, then the new buck doesn't always cover the same areas the old one did. The other unfortunate possibility is he was hit by a car, deer / vehicle collisions are a huge problem here.

My comment was not meant to turn this to a "Hunters Rights" thread. That being said I have to also say that I take some umbrage to the response.
I spend many hours in the woods. Yes I take a weapon, and sometimes a deer. There are far more instances where I do not. Yet I still enjoy the time with nature. Most fellow hunting friends of mine take far more does that bucks.
This is necassary to keep the buck/doe ratio in line. Also because does are better to eat. A buck should be taken at the end of his natural life cycle. He should be left in the gene pool while young. This is good for the herd. A buck with genetic issues should be removed, young or old.
In a perfect world, humans would not have taken over so much territory that the wild life of the area are severely limited in there ability to survive. This may not be the case in your area, it is in many other places. Since this is so, it would be irresponsible to leave them to themselves to work out this delimma. This would surely mean a slow, agonizing death for many. If I cannot make a clean fast kill, or if the right specimen does not present it's self I go home empty handed, and happy for the experience.
I would not, nor would any responsible hunter put you in the position of removing me from your property. That is trespassing, and it is a crime. This gives us all a bad name, and is simply not respectfull of others feelings or rights.
Such broad sweeping generalizations as "someone got 15 minutes of pleasure and some meat for their family who was not hungry",and "they want the bragging rights because they do not kill the bucks with the deformed antlers" are not fair.
Furthermore they are not factual.
Also keep in mind that the fees hunters pay, and the money many hunters outright donate, is going to benifit wildlife and and habitat. That is something that every one, hunter or not, benifits from.
That being said your pictures are beautiful, and I am envious that I do not have such creatures roaming my property to observe, and occasionally use for sustenance, as God intended.

I am requesting that this topic be closed by the moderators.

I wanted to share the beauty of the fawns and chickens, if one reads my original post there was no mention of any killing sports.

When it was brought up and started to go bad in arguments I asked for there to please be no hunters rights posts and that we discuss the interactions of deer and chicks.

I got home after spending the day at my dying Grandmother's bedside today to find a nasty hunter's rights post. So please shut it down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom