FB on fire! Look at this news!

She is lucky to have you. If she were my kid I would tell her to leave.

I have seen some of the stuff that my daughter wrote about me.... She made it very clear that we were a failures as parents. And not just on fb... DD is staying with us for now because the job market is better here than in the area where she lives, and I recently mentioned that comment when she actually thanked me for fixing dinner one night.

I did go back and read what he said about why he made it so public. The way he was raised is if your child embarrasses you in public, then you embarrass him/her in public. The way I grew up is you keep everything out of the public eye. If your child embarrasses you, you remove him from the public and reprimand him privately. To turn around and publicly embarrass your child makes you no better than the child and makes the parent look immature.

Last edited:
I did go back and read what he said about why he made it so public. The way he was raised is if your child embarrasses you in public, then you embarrass him/her in public. The way I grew up is you keep everything out of the public eye. If your child embarrasses you, you remove him from the public and reprimand him privately. To turn around and publicly embarrass your child makes you no better than the child and makes the parent look immature.

I was raised the same as the father. If you make a stink in public about someone, then you will be repremanded in public. How would you feel about me making my 8 year old go to school in her pajamas because she refused to get out of bed and dressed on time? I can tell you that it was the last time that she played around in the morning instead of getting ready to go.
Sometimes the punishment has to fit the crime, which is how I see this father's reaction. A private punishment would have ended up on the internet anyway, with the daughter's spin about how unfair her father was. This way, his side of the story is out there and the world knows what happened and what brought it about.

A friend of mine posted this link on FB the other day and I saw it. All I can say is that I would like to be friends with this dad on FB and I seriously hope his daughter got the point.

Teenagers today feel like they are entitled to everything. When I was a teenager if I even looked at my parents funny I got put in my place. I am sure his daughter is probably claiming what he did is some kind of child abuse...

I know I was more afraid of what my parents would do in private than any kind of public humiliation.

I also wanted to add that my parents would be mortified if I ever showed up to school or any public place not properly dressed or well behaved. They would be further embarrassed if I showed up to school in my pajamas even if there was a good reason. They felt that my appearance and behavior reflected on them and the rest of the family.

Last edited:
What I want to know is why the. 45 seemed so quiet? I was expecting a loud bang and it was not bad...
hu.gif

I don't get why she complains over little chores. What she does is like 1/5 of what I do. And what I do isn't that much either, doesn't take long and I never complain. How will she take care of herself when she's older if can't even do simple chores?

Haha! I know, right!?! Her "chores" sounds like a dream!! :)
I don't get why she complains over little chores. What she does is like 1/5 of what I do. And what I do isn't that much either, doesn't take long and I never complain. How will she take care of herself when she's older if can't even do simple chores?

A friend of mine posted this link on FB the other day and I saw it. All I can say is that I would like to be friends with this dad on FB and I seriously hope his daughter got the point.

Teenagers today feel like they are entitled to everything. When I was a teenager if I even looked at my parents funny I got put in my place. I am sure his daughter is probably claiming what he did is some kind of child abuse...

goodpost.gif
Isn't that the truth. Heck, my mom told us, don't go out of this house and embarrass me, what you do here I'll take care of!! Believe me, we didn't! I'm thankful for my parents and the way I was raised, albeit, a long time ago.
hide.gif

Back
Top Bottom