Feather cyst?.

Saaniya

Crazy Chicken Mom
6 Years
Aug 31, 2017
New Delhi India
Hi I all of a sudden found a small lump on my rooster wing when I googled it appear like a feather cyst please please once see the pic it never happened to him . It on the end of the wing seems soft and tender

Attachments

• IMG20200914212545.jpg
    IMG20200914212545.jpg
    308.8 KB · Views: 81
I don’t have any experience with ingrown feather cysts, but since it is close to feathers it may be. It doesn’t appear to be vety serious, but I would watch it.

I don’t have any experience with ingrown feather cysts, but since it is close to feathers it may be. It doesn’t appear to be vety serious, but I would watch it.

He fall 3-4 days ago during fighting with his brother I guess some traumatic injury cause if he have some pain when i.touch he seems to be in pain

I feel inclined to lance it open, drain it and flush it. Not sure if that's the proper course of action with a chicken, but with any mammal, that's what I'd do.

Let's see if anyone else chimes in.

I feel inclined to lance it open, drain it and flush it. Not sure if that's the proper course of action with a chicken, but with any mammal, that's what I'd do.

Let's see if anyone else chimes in.

I did it in the morning with sterilized niddle and Betadine on hand . Slit it open nothing comes out like pus or water slightly blood comes out my mom was Holding him so she noticed a very small feather she pulled it with twizer now we monitor him apply ointment cause I am unable to Bandage it it's on the end edge of wing

Attachments

• IMG20200915145018.jpg
    IMG20200915145018.jpg
    227.4 KB · Views: 23
I did it in the morning with sterilized niddle and Betadine on hand . Slit it open nothing comes out like pus or water slightly blood comes out my mom was Holding him so she noticed a very small feather she pulled it with twizer now we monitor him apply ointment cause I am unable to Bandage it it's on the end edge of wing
Sounds like a good plan!

Hello There Want to update on teetee's Feather Cyst : after having conversations and replied here on BYC thanks to @TwoCrows @azygous @Wyorp Rock for all the help and iinformation

I split the Cyst with a Sterilized Niddle & Betadine Solution and almost hole down inside there's some sort of water type liquid surely feather material and keratin ..

Now after 1 week the cyst shrink and a new new Feather started to come out from the cyst now ..so it's really reliving to see the process

Though I also found my both boys are moulting cause I see feathers all over , mood changes , sleepiness as we are moving towards cold weather .

I am giving them Multi-vitamins , eggs and sunlight
😊😅

Back
Top Bottom