Feather-Footed Pullet (I Think) - Boy or Girl? **UPDATE, 4-5 Months**

Quote:
i don't know, it looks a lot like my Light Brahma pullets did at that age. (not the coloration, just the body, and comb.) I think pullet.

Quote:
she was attacked by a hawk on that eye in late fall, and her eye hasn't been the same since. it's looking better than that, however. i think that picture is a bad one. but a good catch on your part.

and a gender update: speedy is a GIRL. just waiting for an egg. she is bunking with mr. hawk, that easter egger roo in the pictures, and he is now mating her on a regular basis. (regular enough that i have to split them up or give him more hens to play with.) i know roosters can mount other roosters, but this isn't a dominance thing - it's clear to me that she is a girl.

this is great news! i can't wait for eggs from her. i hope she gives us little speedy babies in the spring.

Congratulations! I love when these "are they or aren't they" stories actually go in the direction you want...
big_smile.png

Quote:
she was attacked by a hawk on that eye in late fall, and her eye hasn't been the same since. it's looking better than that, however. i think that picture is a bad one. but a good catch on your part.

and a gender update: speedy is a GIRL. just waiting for an egg. she is bunking with mr. hawk, that easter egger roo in the pictures, and he is now mating her on a regular basis. (regular enough that i have to split them up or give him more hens to play with.) i know roosters can mount other roosters, but this isn't a dominance thing - it's clear to me that she is a girl.

this is great news! i can't wait for eggs from her. i hope she gives us little speedy babies in the spring.

thumbsup.gif
thumbsup.gif
thumbsup.gif

I have a couple of hens that are completely blind and we had one that was blind in one eye (due to an infection). We ended up making them their own house so that the others could still roam the yard and they didn't get trampled. They are very content, sweet girls!

Congratulations on her being a her! I love
love.gif
my Brahmas. They are beautiful, dorky, cuddly, enormous, pets!

Again, congrats!!

Back
Top Bottom