• Um...maybe...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No way!

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
Quote:
Can you get mites??

bet you could get feather mites.......

Doubt you could get feather mites anymore than you could get lice from human hair wigs. In hair school we were given manikin heads, we were warned we may have to pick out lice nits, but they are all dead. The hair gets very chemically treated to kill anything on it. By that I mean dipped in insecticide, not permed. I imagine the same is done for the feathers, before they color them.

I think it's cool..... I thought about a few dreads, but maybe the feathers would be fun! (and I'm over 40, but I don't much care about following what's proper at my age!
wink.png
)

Last edited:
No, you don't smell like a wet chicken when you shower, and I can say that I don't have mites!!
I just have one (which is 6/7 feathers) in natural colors (since my hair isn't fire engine red...) and I think it looks neat. A little edgy
wink.png

I DO NOT think this is age specific. Live a little, people! If it feels good, do it! (please don not apply this to all aspects of your life
wink.png
)
Also- for those interested- check out ETSY.com
They have a great selection, and many of them come with the attaching bead, so it's inexpensive DIY
lol.png

I'm just learning about chickens/roosters so enlighten me please? Do all roosters have long and thin feathers like this? Do they fall out naturally, during molting for instance, or can you only acquire them after killing and plucking?

?? I would suppose this is done the same way they cure feathers for flys?​

Back
Top Bottom