Votes: 3 75.0%
  • Um...maybe...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No way!

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
Quote:
Holy smack! We could be a millionaires!

Okay, now I'm eyeballing that nasty RIR I've got strutting around my yard... I was thinking the stewpot, but now I've got other ideas.

gig.gif
Dang! If only these were around when we had our old mean guy!
hide.gif

...any ladies that have been around since the '70's and '80's probably did a version of this with the alligator clips (aka roach clip) with feathers dangling off of rawhide string. We were so cool!!
cool.png

Edited to say: Any ladies that have been able to style their OWN hair since the '70's and '80's.
big_smile.png

Last edited:
I got a real kick to see this topic. I'm a hair stylist and just spent the weekend in Orlando at the Premier Hair Show. I can't tell you how many booths were selling feathers!!! The suggested price range (per feather) is around $15.00 to put them in. They are applied with a little metal (or plastic in some cases) clamp that is squeezed together to hold the feather and the hair. One feather dosn't make much impact, but putting 3 in one clamp is really pretty in some cases.

You wash and style your hair as usual. I actually incorporated some feathers into a Prom up-do for a client. I even used my curling iron on them to bend them in the direction I wanted. They don't melt.

I too was told that the bait and tackle shops are selling out quickly of their fly fishing supplies.
lau.gif

Anyhow, I had to put in my two cents worth.
wink.png

And yes, I too wore the "roach clip" feathers in my hair back in the day. Hehehe, yeah, we WERE cool! Steven Tyler on American Idol helped the trend with the feathers and stuff he wore this season too.

I just saw this on TV this morning. It seems they are raising roosters and injecting them with something that makes these feathers more colorful. And then killing them. I would never wear these feathers.

Back
Top Bottom