Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I want to try it!

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • Um...maybe...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No way!

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
While at the grocery store checkout I noticed the cashier had feather extensions. She had 2 or 3 and she said that it ran her about $60. We talked about them for a while, she had no idea that they came from roosters.

They looked very nice.

My nieghbor has 2 roos he wants to me to "take care of" I'm wondering how much I can sell the hackle and saddle feather of a white leghorn. Since they are white you could die them any color.
idunno.gif

Time to check craigs list and the net and see what is out there.

My sister is a hair dresser so I think I have an in! I am going to try this for fun- I'll post pics if I can convince her I will die without them.

Okay, I have a question? I have two Roosters and 45 chickens, I have feathers everywhere, can I use those for extensions? Why do u have to kill?

Quote:
These are not just ordinary feathers. They are feathers that have taken many generations to breed into the bird. They are the saddle feathers from a genetically modified rooster. They are long and skinny with not fluff on them. They can be curled and blow dried and not end up looking ratty like a regular feather would

It's all the rage in so. cal. and stylists are charging up to $15-20 per feather to put them in. I think im a little too old for feathers, but I do have mommy friends who have them.

I shot my friend's wedding, and she had small, white feather extensions. They looked really nice and were curled along with her hair into ringlets. Not the best shot...but you can see a couple of them.
smile.png

i-Hw66MLH-M.jpg

Hi! You've mentioned more than once that "They are the saddle feathers from a genetically modified rooster."
Are they 'genetically modified', really? I thought they were 'selectively bred' for that trait.
Thanks!
smile.png

Lisa
Quote:
These are not just ordinary feathers. They are feathers that have taken many generations to breed into the bird. They are the saddle feathers from a genetically modified rooster. They are long and skinny with not fluff on them. They can be curled and blow dried and not end up looking ratty like a regular feather would

Quote:

It could be either. Or started out with genetic modification followed by selective breeding. I have not read anything about them having the room or resources to have a breeding program because unsatisfactory birds would be a waste of money and space. When I get my
Computer going I'll do some research on that. You're probably right, it probobly started out that way...

Back
Top Bottom