FEB incubation experience -JULY update - BLK. ORP & EE *new pics*

Quote:
WOOHOO! Congratulations! Isn't it cool to see?

ya.gif

Day 14 is on Wednesday. My plan is to recandle all the eggs. I know at this point I should be seeing the dark area (chick) filling most of the egg, with the air sac at the top. Should I be able to see any movement due to the size of the chicks? Should I be looking for anything else?
I will toss all the clear eggs on Wednesday too.

Thanks for your insight!

Grow chickies Grow!
fl.gif

I have been noticing today that my temperature is just a little lower. Not much, just about a half a degree. I notice this because my incubator has been holding my temp so perfectly the last 13 days. I am not sure why, but will continue to monitor it.

Quote:
Just chalk it up to a lesson in patience.
wink.png

I did the whole patience thing the last 7 times this time I want a fast forward button !

Oh, I am getting so I can hardly stand the waiting.
big_smile.png

I will recandle my eggs tomorrow. At that point I am almost on the home stretch........
jumpy.gif

Is anyone else due to hatch on the 4th???

Day 4
barnie.gif

Time shall be punished I shall have it destroyed for mutiny It is purposely going slower and slower. I shall have it thrown overboard, fish food, sleeping with the fishes !!!

Mutiny Mutiny Mutiny

rant.gif

I DO NOT HAVE A PROBLEM !!!!! It is just the general craziness that one gets when he becomes a chicken addicted zombie.

*Hears*
"I admit that in the past I've been a nasty They weren't kidding when they called me, well, a witch.But you'll find that nowadays
I've mended all my ways,Repented, seen the light, and made a switch.To this And I fortunately know a little magic It's a talent that I always have possessed And dear lady, please don't laugh I use it on behalf Of the miserable, the lonely, and depressed (pathetic) Poor unfortunate souls In pain, in need This one longing to be thinner That one wants to get the girl And do I help them?
Yes, indeed Those poor unfortunate souls So sad, so true They come flocking to my cauldron Crying, "Spells, Ursula, please!" And I help them !Yes I do Now it's happened once or twice Someone couldn't pay the price And I'm afraid I had to rake 'em 'cross the coals. Yes I've had the odd complaint But on the whole I've been a saint To those poor unfortunate souls"

hide.gif

Last edited:
Today is Day 14. So, this afternoon I re-candled my eggs. I turned this into a Hands-On Science Lesson for my kids and my cousins kids. Not only did they get to look at all the eggs with us, we opened up all the ones that were either clear or quitters. We examined them under a microscope for more detail. It was a good lesson, though some of the kids had a harder time with the quitter eggs than others.

Here are the results:

I put 6 of my own eggs in the incubator.

2 were clear
1 was a quitter on about day 9
3 are viable and growing

I ordered 12 BBS orpington eggs from MissPrissy,

3 were clear
2 were quitters on about day 1 or 2
1 was a quitter on about day 4
1 was a quitter on about day 10
5 are viable and growing

On day 7 I thought that 10 of the eggs were viable. Considering that 2 of them "quit" about 4-5 days ago, my initial candling results were right on. So out of the 18 eggs that I put in the incubator 8 are still in there. These ones look great, so I am hoping that most if not all of them hatch.
fl.gif

Here are some pictures of one of the quitter eggs.

Hatching2009001.jpg

Hatching2009002.jpg

I forgot to add that the 8 eggs that I have that are growing look to be filling half of the egg. I can still see veins and they all have a good air sac.
I am egg-cited to see what my babies will look like!!!!!
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom